In addition, vegetable seedlings could also be taken out for sale.

Xu Ran, thinking there was nothing urgent to do at home, asked Liu Tong to go to the mountain and check if the bamboo shoots had grown, as well as mark the location so that future digging would be easier. Since rice seedlings could be planted in the field in April, and no one would dig up those bamboo shoots at that time anyway.

The busy days passed very quickly while people were exhausted from the work also!

For the first time, Xu Ran drove his carriage to the town. Big Black had been raised very well recently and was quite close to Xu Ran. The trip had been a smooth ride along the way without any troubles.

Xu Ran stopped the carriage after arriving in town and went to Zhuo Yun's seed shop to get a few seeds before rushing to buy jars. He was so preoccupied that he didn't have time to pay a visit to Zhuo Yun's home. In the morning, Xu Ran ran back and forth from home to town, then from town to home. When he got home, he started to put the fermented bean curd into the jars nonstop.

After he was done, he washed and stashed the dried bean curd, piece by piece.

The day of the imperial examination result was released on the 1th of April. Xu Ran planned to rush to He Shui Town before that and bring with him things like tofu curd and chili paste.

Xu Ran did not send Mr. Hu to the town because the trip would be brief, and instead invited Wu Mei to stay at home. Liu Tong was too preoccupied these days to speak to his brothers, so he took advantage of the opportunity to chat and interact with them.

All was finally ready on March 27th. They had made the chili paste at home before because they didn't have time to make the new paste. Xu Ran tidied up and drove alone to He Shui Town.

Since the jar and bamboo tubes were secured to the cart, they stayed in place across the bumpy roads. On March 29th, Xu Ran returned to the inn where they had previously agreed to meet and awaited Lin Hua and Zhao Chen. Xu Ran returned to his room after handing over the items, intending to sleep as long as he could. He was completely exhausted.

Lin Hua and the rest knew that he had been tired from the journey, so they did not disturb him. Instead, they ask someone else to help move the things and were planning to find a place for further look.

It was already April 1st when Xu Ran awoke, and it was an incredibly busy day. Some people had already started celebrating with firecrackers before they even saw the exam results. It was impossible to say whether these people were self-assured or arrogant.

As Xu Ran descended the stairs, he noticed Lin Hua and Zhao Chen were already waiting for him. He didn't waste any time, ordering a few steamed buns from the waiter and eating them while walking with Lin Hua to see the exam results. It was a lie to say he did not care. It didn't matter what his ranking was as long as he could pass.

He will be able to take the following exams after passing the test. He could only become a Xiucai who was excluded from taxes after passing the imperial examination at the county level. Xu Ran believed he had gone to great lengths to suit himself into the tax exemption policy. It was inevitable, given his family's vast farmland, which would continue to expand in the future.

The three of them followed the people who came to see the exam result and waited outside the door. People came here with all kinds of emotions. Besides self-confidence, Xu Ran was also worried, and the other two were all worried.

After standing for a while, an official finally came, beating gongs along the way to ask the people to give way, and eventually stuck the final four pieces of paper on the wall.