One Last Time

"This is it." Emily thought to herself as she carried a cardboard box of her things to her new Section Chief's office. Once the elevator door opened, Emily made her way to her office. As she reached the door, she inhaled deeply. the brunette knocked on the door lightly. "Come in." She heard a female voice say.

Emily opened the door and saw a middle aged woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. She wore a serious look on her face as she stood up. Emily walked over, placing her box on the floor. "Emily Prentiss." Emily said with a bright smile. "It's an honor to met you Section Chief Strauss."

Strauss shook Emily's hand, but her face remained cold. "I've heard a lot about you, Agent Prentiss." She said sitting down; Emily followed suit. "You've made quite the name for yourself at the FBI's Chicago office." Emily simply nodded with a flat smile. "Your request to transfer to the Behavioral Analysis Unit has been accepted, I see." Strauss looked over Emily's file. "You will be working with our best field team. I expect you won't give them any trouble?"

"Of course not, ma'am." Emily said quickly. She could feel her plans getting sweaty as she gently bit her lip.

Strauss stood up and Emily quickly followed. "I look forward to having you with us. Good luck, Agent Prentiss." Strauss shook Emily's hand again.

Emily smiled and left Strauss's office, letting out a huge sigh of relief. But then she realized she still had to met her Unit Chief. She made her way to the fifth floor. She looked around the room, looking for her new Unit Chief's office. Just then she ran into a blonde woman dressed in bright clothing and tall heels. "Oh my god!" Emily exclaimed. "I'm so sorry."

The blonde gave Emily a bright smile. "Don't worry about it, love." She said kindly. She titled her head, nothing that Emily was confused. "You look lost. Who are you looking for?"

"Uh, my new Unit Chief's office. I don't see them anywhere." Emily said looking around.

"Boss man's office is right up there." The blonde said pointing towards an office above the other desks with her pink pen.

Emily gave her a bright smile. "Thank you so much. I'm Emily Prentiss." Emily held out her hand to the blonde.

"Nice to meet you. Penelope Garcia. Technical analyst." She said shaking Emily's hand. "I'll see you around."

"Yeah." Emily said leaving Penelope behind.

Emily made her way up to the office Penelope had pointed at. As she made her way up the steps, she noticed that the office blinds were closed. She found it odd, but made the assumption that he was generally very introverted and quiet. She knocked on the door and heard a low "Come in" from the other side of the door.

Emily immediately opened it, and she almost dropped her box. The man she saw sitting in his office was a man she hadn't seen in years. She quickly closed her mouth when he looked up at her with equal amounts of shock.

Hotch hadn't seen Emily Prentiss since she was seventeen years old. She looked much different now. She had taken out her nose piercing and cut her raven hair to a more manageable length. He was shocked to see her in front of him. "Emily?" He asked in shock.

"A-Aaron. It's uh, nice to see you again." Emily said trying to compose herself as she shook Hotch's large, calloused hand.

His face was serious and tired looking, Emily noticed. She thought he looked tired when he was twenty-three, but he looked incredibly tired now. "What can I do for you?" He asked in a serious voice.

"Uh, well I-I guess I was hoping you could tell me where to put my stuff?"

Hotch tilted his head in confusion. "I'm sorry?"