Poison Love pt. 3

Prom night had finally arrived, and to Emily's surprise, she was actually excited about it. JJ, Penelope, and Emily were getting ready at her house. Penelope was painting Emily's nails a dark red, while Emily was doing the best she could to paint JJ's nails with white French tips.

    "Pen and I are going to go pick up dinner. We'll be back in fifteen." JJ said leaving Emily alone in her large house.

    Emily walked to her kitchen and got herself a glass of water. Just then, she heard the doorbell rang. She finished her water and walked to the door. She answered the door in a black tank top and grey shorts to find Aaron on the other side. "What are you doing here, Aaron?" She asked leaning against the doorframe.

    Aaron's hands were in his pockets, and he gave her a small smile. "Why are you all done up?" He asked gesturing to painted nails.

"Pen, JJ, and I are getting for prom. Pen was just painting my nails. We have to get a head start." She explained.

    "They look nice." He said with a small, sheepish smile.

    "Why are you here?" She asked. Emily let her friend enter, closing the door behind her.

    "Just to say 'hi'. And to let you know that everyone will be here in about half an hour for dinner."

    "Perfect. Penelope and JJ just left to get dinner."

    Aaron simply nodded in response. "Can you do something for me?"

    "What?"

    "I want your honest opinion on my dress. I feel like JJ and Pen were being too nice."

    "Ok." And with that, Emily led Aaron up to her room. He'd never seen her room before. In fact, he'd never been upstairs.

    Emily and Aaron entered her room. It was larger than he expected and slightly messy. Emily grabbed a hanger with a dress from her closet and quickly ran to the bathroom to change.

    Aaron casually walked around her room. A photo wall caught his eye. There were pictures of her and JJ and Penelope from the past year or two, as well as a picture of her on Derek's back at the beach. In all of the pictures she had a bright smile on her face. Her smile was the most intoxicating thing Aaron knew of. She rarely truly smiled, but when she did, it lit up Aaron's world. His eyes fell on one particular picture in the center of her photo wall. It was a picture of her and Aaron making funny faces. He remembered that day well. A smile appeared in his face as he gazed at all the photos.

    Aaron was brought back to reality by a Emily's voice. "Ok. I'm ready." She said with a sigh.

    "Come out then." He replied leaning against the wall.

    "Promise you won't laugh?"

    Aaron's brow furrowed slightly. "Why would I laugh?"

    "Just promise me."

    "Ok. I promise."

    There was some brief shuffling before the door opened. It took everything for Aaron not to gasp. Emily stood before him a flow length emerald green dress. It was slightly low cut with spaghetti straps and a slit up her thigh. It fit her waist perfectly and elongated her body. "That bad huh?" She said with a disappointed sigh.

    Aaron shook his head to bring himself back to reality. "No. You uh...look really nice." He said, trying not to blush.

    Emily quickly walked back to the bathroom to look at herself in the mirror. Aaron followed and stood behind her, watching her turn around to make sure the dress fit well. He watched the dress twirl, the satin fabric shining in the light of the bathroom. There was no doubt she looked beautiful in her dress, and Aaron could feel his emotions taking over.