An Ocean Apart

A/N: Seriously guys, 4K?! You guys are the best!!! I love you all💚💚

Emily and Aaron loved each other very much. There was no doubt about that. But when she was temporarily transferred to Interpol, it broke Aaron's heart, especially since they had just gotten engaged. They had been for over two years, but their tireless schedule prevented them from doing much wedding planning.

The day Emily left almost a year ago was one of the saddest in Aaron's life. Interpol said they would only keep her until the case was solved, knowing that she was their best bet in catching a terrorist that had killed over a hundred people. He knew they needed her help to solve the case, but as selfish as it sounded, he needed her too. Aaron missed feeling her soft lips on his and how perfectly her hand fit in his.

Aaron was brought out of his thoughts by a sudden jolt of turbulence from the jet. He looked at his team who were spread out on the jet, some sleeping other awake. It was 8:21 at night as they flew back from a case in Pennsylvania. As he was about to drift off to sleep, he heard his phone ring in his pocket. He looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Emily. He couldn't help but grin, but he was also confused as to why she was calling him, knowing that it was about three in the morning in London. But he quickly answered. "Hi babe!" Emily said in a cheery tone. Aaron could tell she was smiling through the phone.

"Hi Emily." Aaron said with a small grin. "What are you doing up? Isn't it three in the morning in London?"

Emily stayed quiet for a moment before inhaling sharply. "Uh, yeah. It is. I just couldn't sleep."

"Are you ok?" He asked with concern.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just miss you."

Aaron let out a long sigh. "I know. I miss you too."

They stayed silent on the phone for a moment before Aaron spoke up again, noticing the distant city lights below them. "We're going to land soon, Em. I'll call you tonight. Try to get some sleep."

"Ok. You get some sleep too. Please leave the office before midnight."

Aaron chuckled at Emily's notion, knowing that he often spent long nights at the office to finish reports and other paperwork. "I love you." He said in a low yet soft voice.

"I love you too, Aaron. Good night."

Then the line went dead. Aaron put his phone in his pocket again and stared out the window at the city lights that grew closer. He reminisced of one particular night where Emily had come into his office late at night when everyone had gone home. At that point the sexual tension between the two had been buildings for years, and Aaron had finally decided to let his feelings take over. That decision was one of the best he'd ever made.

The stubborn unit chief looked over at Morgan who had a small smirk on his face. "You miss her don't you?" He asked with a remorseful sigh.

"Of course I do. She's been gone for ten months." Aaron snapped slightly. He immediately realized how harsh his words had come off. "I'm sorry, Derek. I didn't mean to come across that way."

"It's ok, man. I understand. We all miss her, but she'll be home soon."

Aaron simply nodded before turning his attention toward the window again, letting out a small sigh.
—————————————
Once everyone had returned to the BAU, Aaron immediately instructed everyone to go home. The case had been more exhausting than usual, making everyone all the more tired. Although he had told everyone to go home, he had no plans on going home with them. Jack was with Haley for a few more days, and there was no point in returning to an empty house without his fiancé to greet him at the door with the bright smile he loved so much.

He let out a long sigh as he headed up to his office. When he opened the door, he saw that his desk chair had been turned around. All he could see was the top of a woman's head, who had hair that was darker than hers. "I thought I told you to go home." The woman said turning around in his chair.

When she fully turned around, Aaron realized that it was Emily sitting in his chair. She immediately stood up and smiled at him. He quickly walked towards her and picked her up in his arms. She giggled and she wrapped her arms around her fiancé's neck. Emily could feel Aaron's breath tickle her neck as he refused to put her down, pulling her impossibly close to him.

Eventually he put her down. She looked up at Aaron who had a huge smile on his face that showed off the dimples she loved so much. Aaron quickly pulled her close again for a passionate and long overdue kiss. He craved to feel her lips on his once again. She could feel him smile through the kiss as it quickly became more passionate. Emily pulled his face closer to hers to deepen the kiss. She felt Aaron's hands graze her soft skin under her shirt as he lifted her up onto his desk. His hands slowly rose up her shirt more and more, but she pulled away, breathless.

Aaron was breathless as well as he stared down at his beautiful fiancé, refusing to let go of her waist. He looked at her with a furrowed brow. "What's wrong?" Emily asked trying to catch her breath.

"How did you get into my office?" Aaron asked.

"Penelope." Emily chuckled, hanging her head slightly.

Aaron chuckled as well. "Of course. I expect nothing less."

The couple chuckled again before Aaron's face became serious again. "Are you home for good?"

A grin spread across Emily's face as she culled his cheek with her hand. She felt the weight of his head lean into her hand.