Too Complicated pt. 1

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been updating recently. I'm sure a lot of you are aware it's AP season so I've been focusing. lot on those, but I'm all done with AP exams now. So I'll be updating more frequently. Thank you so much for all of you're support, and thank you for being patient with me!    

    Emily and Hotch had been held hostage for several hours. Although it was only hours, it felt like days to them. Their hands were tired behind their backs so they couldn't check their watches. They were tied up next to each other against an old radiator. Hotch struggled to get his hands free, but the two of them both knew it was useless. "Emily." Hotch said turning to face the woman beside him. She turned in his direction. She knew things were serious when he called her by her first name. "If anything happens to me, tell Haley I'm sorry."

    Emily shook her head. "Hotch, stop." She said sadly.

    "No, no!" He shook his head. "She needs to know that I never meant to abandon her and Jack. She needs to know I cared. Please tell her that."

    Aaron's brown eyes met Emily's darker ones. Emily could see the sadness in them. It broke her heart hearing Hotch's words. And it broke her heart even more knowing that she wasn't the one he was talking about. Emily sighed. "Tell them yourself. We're going to get out of this—"

    The two heard footsteps come down the stairs. They looked up at the stairs and saw the unsub. A woman came down the stairs. She had blonde hair and green eyes. Emily knew that her victimology was based on an ex that cheated on her. She killed her ex boyfriend in a fit of rage and later killed his girlfriend. And Emily and Aaron happened to match their unsub's victimology. The unsub was holding a revolver in her hand. "Let's play a game." The unsub smirked. She points the gun at Emily and her smirk fades. "Tell him a secret you've never told anyone before."

    Emily raised a brow. "Shannon, how is this a game?" She asked.

    Shannon pulled back the hammer of the gun, hearing it click. "Answer me!" She screamed.

    The two agents jolted slightly. She shot at the ground, making them jump back even more. Emily turned her head in Hotch's direction. He look terrified on her behalf. "I-I never wanted to be transferred to the BAU. Strauss wanted me transferred so I could spy on you guys." Emily lied. Hotch knew that she was lying. Although Strauss had asked her to spy later, he knew that she loved working at the BAU. She loved the team, and he knew that she loved him.

    Out of nowhere, Shannon pulled the trigger, grazing Emily's arm. She screamed out in pain, glancing down at her arm. It bled slightly. Shannon walked up to Emily, crouching down she grabbed Emily's arm, making her scream in pain even louder. "Don't lie to me, Emily." Shannon growled.

     Hotch jolted towards Shannon but all she did was laugh. "Don't touch her!" Hotch shouted.

    Shannon stood up again, pointing her gun at Hotch. "What are you going to do about it, Agent Hotchner?" She scoffed.

    Hotch looked over at Emily whose arm was bleeding even more. He watched as her dark red blood ran down her arm. "It's ok, Emily. We'll get out of here." Hotch said trying to reassure her.

    "Playtime's over. Something you'd never say aloud." Shannon said looking towards Emily, cocking her gun again. "Not even to your partner here."

    Emily let out a huge sigh and hung her head. When she looked back up, Hotch noticed tears forming in her eyes. She looked him right in the eyes before wiping her tears away with her shoulder. "Hotch um..." Emily began. She could barely look him in the eyes. He could see the wheels turning in her head. "Umm...I've always loved you." She sniffled looking down again. "And I was just too scared to say it before." She shook her head. "And now things are too complicated for me to really say it now." She began crying a bit. She couldn't hold back anymore. "I'm sorry, but I thought you should know."

    Hotch didn't know what to say. He was completely dumbfounded by what he'd just heard. Emily's words kept ringing through his mind. He was conflicted. Of course he loved Haley. She was the mother of his child after all, and they'd been married for years. But Emily was a different story. He first met her when he worked as security clearance for Emily's mother. And he thought about her everyday since; it didn't help when she began working for him either, but things like she said, things were complicated now.

    The next thing Hotch felt was pain. Searing, burning pain. Shannon had shot him in the shoulder. There was no exist wound, meaning the bullet was lodged somewhere. He felt blood gushing out of his shoulder, and he heard Emily scream his name.

    Emily heard the door bust open. "FBI! Hands up!" She heard JJ yell. Shannon dropped her gun as JJ walked closer to her and cuffing her hands behind her back.

    Morgan came up to Emily and cut her bonds. "Prentiss. You're bleeding." He said gently grabbing her arm. She winced slightly but kept her composure

    "I'm fine." She said rushing the cut Hotch's bonds. He had lost a lot of blood already. She laid him on the ground the put pressure on his wound. Emily could feel his warm blood pooling through her fingers. "I'm sorry, Hotch. I'm sorry for everything I said."

    "I-it's ok." He said weakly. His eyes began to get heavy.

    Emily shook him slightly, remaining pressure on his wound. She watched as his eyes began to close and his head became heavy. "Stay with me, Hotch! You have to fight for Jack and Haley. Don't let me down!" Emily pleaded. Tears began to well up in her eyes once again.

    Hotch licked his lips, trying to find the strength to say something. Emily leaned down to his mouth, trying to understand what he was trying to say. "I love you too." He said weakly before falling unconscious. 

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this one-shot! I just wanted to say thank you for supporting my series. Please vote and comments any and al thoughts you may have.