Bittersweet pt. 2

A/N: Happy pride month my girls, gays and theys (and everything in between)!🏳️‍🌈 You are all incredible individuals who deserve everything the world has to offer you. Enjoy part 2 my lovelies!

    After a grueling five days, they had finally solved the case. Aaron and Gideon's profile turned out to be correct, and they caught the unsub, who turned out to be twenty-nine year old William Smith, attempting to kill his father. His father sent him to conversion therapy for three years when William came out as gay to his father. It was a sad story, but regardless of his background, it didn't justify how he chose to deal with his trauma.

"Finally done." Emily sighed leaning back in her chair. She closed her report.

"Same here." Clyde said holding up a folder.

"Want me to give these to McAllister?" The brunette asked standing up.

"Sure."

    Emily took the report from her partner's hand and walked to her boss's office. She gave a small knock before peeking in. "Sir, I have Easter and I's case reports." Emily said holding up the reports.

    McAllister held out his hand. Emily handed them to her chief. "Thank you, Agent Prentiss." He said with a small smile.

    "Have a good night, sir." Emily said with a friendly nod.

    As she walked back to her desk, she saw Clyde talking to Aaron and Gideon. Her breath hitched as her eyes met Aaron's for a moment. He and Gideon then walked away as Emily approached her partner. "What was that about?" She asked looking to Aaron and Gideon.

    "I asked them if they wanted to join us for drinks at the pub." Clyde shrugged innocently.

    Emily let out an annoyed sigh. "Clyde, why did you do that? You know how I feel about being around Aaron."

    "Maybe this will be a good opportunity to get along with him a bit more?"

    Emily rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Fine. Two hours, then I'm out. And you're driving me home" She grabbed her blazer and threw it over her shoulder.

    "That's my girl." Clyde smiled, patting Emily's shoulder. He knew that when he said he was driving, that meant she was going to drink a lot.
————————————
The three agents all periodically arrived at the Queen's Tavern around 9:30pm. Gideon had decided to take a rain check. They were all enjoying their beers; Emily however had moved onto something a little harder to help her get through the night. While Clyde had stopped at one beer, both Emily and Aaron had began taking shots of tequila. Emily came back with two shots, both of which she downed. She winced slightly at the bitter taste.

Emily took off her blazer and let her hair out of her ponytail. She stumbled a bit, falling onto Clyde slightly and giving him a drunken smile. "I'm going to go dance. Wanna join?" She asked looking back and forth between the two men.

"I'm ok." Aaron said with a flat smile. It surprised Clyde how well the American agent could hold his liquor.

"Likewise." Clyde responded with a small chuckle.

"Your loss." Emily said brushing by Aaron's shoulder.

Both men watched Emily step out onto the dance floor and began to dance. As Emily began to swing her hips to the beat of the music, Clyde shook his head and chuckled. "Does she do this after every case?" Aaron asked.

"No. She rarely does this. Only when she has a really bad day." Clyde shrugged.

Aaron simply nodded as he watched Emily dance. After about an hour of dancing, a guy came up behind Emily and placed his hands on her hips. He quickly began grinding against her. The brunette immediately turned around and furrowed her brow. This didn't go unnoticed by Aaron and Clyde, but they watched for a moment just to see if she really needed their help. The music was too loud for them to hear her. "What the hell?!" Emily shouted, shoving his hands away.