Hot Mess pt. 2

Two days had passed since Emily and Hotch "moved in" to their new home, and luckily no new bodies. They'd made nice with their new neighbors, Alice and Jeff Hamlin. They found out that the first couple, Elizabeth and Bradley Henderson were their close friends.

The Hamlin's invited Emily and Hotch to their house for drinks by the pool. They took it as an opportunity to get more information from them. "You were so right, Rossi." Emily said over the phone. "They love to gossip. It reminds me a lot of high school."

"I told you. Any new information?" Rossi asked.

"Yeah, apparently the Henderson's were having marital problems. I managed to get us invited to their house for drinks. I'll try to get more information from them and keep you guys posted."

"Ok. Don't forget. Check in's at nine." Rossi said in a concerned voice.

"Thanks, Rossi. Talk to you in a bit." Emily hung up the phone. She gathered the rest of her things and headed over to the Hamlin's house.
————————————
"No!" Emily exclaimed in shock. "You're not serious?"

Alice nodded. "I'm dead serious." She said in almost a whisper.

"I can't believe Elizabeth was cheating on Brad. How'd you find out?" Emily asked trying to sound amused by the gossip.

"My friend Cheryl told me. She lived across the street from Lizzy and Brad. Brad was gone for work a lot, and Cheryl said she kept seeing a car she didn't recognize in their parking lot."

Alice and Emily were sun bathing in two pool chairs by the Hamlin's pool. Under normal circumstances, Emily would've loved to hear some hot gossip, but she was working the job. Talking to Alice had proven rather easy. It was very similar to how she used to talk to politicians at the events her mother constantly arranged. "Did Cheryl ever see the man she was having an affair with?"

"Yeah. She said he was tall with dirty blonde hair and pretty buff looking. He was closer to Lizzy's age."

"What was the age difference between Elizabeth and Brad?" Emily knew the answer. She was just playing along.

"About twelve years. Lizzy had just turned twenty-six, and I think Brad was about forty."

Emily chuckled. "Hmm. Well, age is just a number."

Hotch and Jeff came out to the pool area with drinks in hand. Hotch couldn't help but admire Emily in her simple black bikini with a sheer white scarf wrapped around her hips. He stared at her long, toned legs. He didn't realize how toned she was until he took all of her in. Her hair was pulled into a bun as her glasses covered the rest of her face.

Hotch cleared his throat as he walked toward his subordinate. "Here you go, Em." He said with a small smile, handing her a bottle of beer.

Then Emily did something neither of them had expected. She gently grabbed the side of his face with her hand and planted a soft kiss on his cheek. "Thanks, babe." She said with a small smile.

Maintaining his shock, Hotch managed to the gesture of the small smile. Emily turned her attention back towards Alice, and Hotch and Jeff walked over to his grill. "So," Alice began with a smirk. "How long have you and Aaron been married?"

Emily found it strange when she heard Hotch's first name. In all the time they'd been here, Emily somehow avoided calling him by his first name. It was somehow easier to call him pet names rather than his first name. She quickly glanced over at Hotch. "Only two years, but it feels like longer." Emily said dreamily, playing the part.