haruto raised an eyebrow.

"all malls have an electronic store where you can buy a phone, okay? do i have to spell out each and every word out to you?"

haruto looked away, embarrassed. "i've never been to a mall..."

"what?"

shit. why did haruto say that?

"never mind." said haruto.

"hmm, i've been wondering. are you like very rich? you give me those vibes. and if that's the case, it makes sense if you've never been a mall. and plus, instead of desperately repairing your phone, you decided to buy a new phone in seconds."

"i guess you can say i'm rich." said haruto, looking away.

uncertain, haruto turned and looked at junkyu to see his eyes sparkling.

"what happened to you?"

"if you're rich...i have a rich bestie, wohoo." said junkyu.

"excuse me? what bestie? we're here only because you helped me."

"you asked me for help. i was the first one who came to your mind, right?"

"please as if. it's just that you knew something that would let mashiho let me go." said haruto, rolling his eyes.

"oh really? name 5 people from your class."

haruto blinked, thrown aback from the sudden question. "what?"

"i said, name 5 people from your class."

"uh, umm, uh...there's...uh,,ji—umm." haruto sighed, giving up. "i don't know anyone."

junkyu let out a chuckle. "i knew it. the only person you know in the grade is me, right?"

"that's only because you keep bugging me." said haruto.

junkyu looked at haruto and stuck out his tongue in a childish way and haruto merely smiled, finding it sort of cute.

wait...cute?

haruto shook his head. he must be going nuts from junkyu's babbling.

"anyways, we're here." said junkyu, entering the store with haruto beside him.

"any idea, what model you want?" asked junkyu.

------------------------------------------

"i can't believe you went with the most expensive model." said junkyu, staring at haruto's new phone in disbelief.

"...i don't want it breaking down like the old one." said haruto, like it explained it all.

junkyu rolled his eyes. "please. my phone is a regular one and it's been lasting for like 4 years."

"but it looks like shit." said haruto, bluntly.

junkyu looked at haruto in disbelief. "you rude...ugh. anyways, let's go to the food court."

"what?"

"food court...? wait, don't tell me. you've never been to one?"

haruto shook his head, indicating a no.

junkyu's jaw dropped and then he grabbed haruto's hand. "we're definitely going there."

confused, haruto simply let junkyu drag him to the food court. he knew it would be futile to bother arguing with junkyu, so he just let it be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"what do you want to eat?" asked junkyu.