"Then is he willing to sell them?" Xu Ran asked.

"I've also asked him about it. The strawberry plantation is his life's work from his painstaking labor. He said that it's better to sell it to someone who wants to work on it than to let it go, " replied Qin Shuwu.

"His strawberry plantation should have been in operation for many years. Maybe those trees are too old and useless. Do they have new sprouts?"

Qin Shuwu nodded, "I know this. At the time, I went to see it in the area. There were a number of new sprouts on the leaves, which should be enough to cover five mu of land with trees. The majority of them were planted the previous year. You'll have a decent harvest if you bring those trees here this year."

Xu Ran realized that the strawberry trees wouldn't produce much in the first year. Their second year, on the other hand, was markedly different. This five-hectare plot of land was projected to yield more than the ten-hectare plot planted with new strawberry seedlings at the time.

"Did Bro Qin ask how the strawberry seedlings would be sold then?" Zhuo Yun asked anxiously.

Xu Ran also stared at Qin Shuwu. To him, money was an important issue!

Qin Shuwu looked at them two and smiled, "That man said that he only needed one hundred taels of silver for it. He just hopes that you can really take good care of the strawberry trees."

"One hundred taels!" Xu Ran was taken aback and thought he had asked for much too little. A strawberry seedling should be sold for at least two yuan in today's market, and they had ten mu of land! Clearly, Xu Ran had no understanding of conversion.

"Mm," Qin Shuwu nodded, "This is a reasonable price. A ten-hectare plot of land is a sizable area. I believe you should remove all of his strawberry plants. I know you've never had any prior planting experience, so I've invited the old man to come over and help you."

Xu Ran thought he was really a considerate person, "Thank you, Bro Qin, for having arranged everything so well."

Qin Shuwu waved his hand, "Not at all.I appreciate your assistance to my brother. Of course, my work is subject to such restrictions. If the strawberry planting goes well, you can hire me as your sales agent. What do you think of it?"

"No problem," Without hesitation, Xu Ran decided. He was actually concerned about how he would market his future produce. Qin Shuwu had his own shops and social connections, which meant he wouldn't have to deal with too many problems.

Xu Ran asked again, "Bro Qin, when can the plants be transported to my place then?"

"It can be arranged as soon as it is agreed. Someone on my side is in charge of it. We will deliver the plants directly to you at that time, but you'll have to pay all the expenses. And I'll send the old man to you first. You'll fix him up with a place to stay, "Qin Shuwu said.

Xu Ran nodded, "Okay, I will. Thank you so much, Bro Qin."

The matter of the strawberry seedlings was thus settled. Zhuo Yun kept silent all the time. Seeing that both of them had made an agreement, Zhuo Yun asked, "Xu Ran, didn't you say you were going to sit for the imperial examination? Have you registered with Yamen? "

Xu Ran was stunned. He had been busy recently and had completely forgotten about this. But it was only the 2nd lunar month now, was it too early to register?

Seeing Xu Ran's confusion, Zhuo Yun explained, "The number of people who can take the exams is limited. The exam has been conducted in February for the past few years. It was later adapted to March. The registration period, however, is still in February. It's the ideal time for you to register right now."