"Alright, you're really decisive, Xu Ran." Foreman Li stood up and said happily.

Xu Ran believed it needed to be finished quickly and no one could predict what would happen if it took too long. Tangtang and Guoguo ran behind the house to play after dinner.

With Xu Ran and Liu Tong, the four of them discussed on the empty space for a while. After they settled, Xu Ran went to look for the village head.

The village head assumed that since Xu Ran was looking for him again, he was going to talk about the field. He wasn't expecting Xu Ran to say he wanted to build a home, though. He had recently purchased the land and was in the process of constructing a new home. "How rich should he be? Where did Xu Ran get his money?" The chief couldn't help thinking about it.

After walking behind Xu Ran for a while, the village head's patience finally snapped. He held Xu Ran back and asked, "Xu Ran, tell me the truth, where did you get your money? You should have been bad, but after being priced out, you bought the land first, then the field. You're going to build a house now. Where did you get so much money?"

The village chief seemed to be Xu Ran's mother, concerned about the crimes he had committed outside. Xu Ran couldn't bear the thought the moment he imagined it.

Seeing that Xu Ran was in a daze, the village head thought about it even more. "What a good kid he is! But why has him done the foolish things?"

When Xu Ran came to his senses, he saw the village head looking at him with sympathy in his eyes.

Xu Ran rubbed his nose. "You've misunderstood what I'm on about, village chief. The money was lent to me by a friend. He owns and operates a business in town, and he's even visited my home during the Spring Festival. Xu An and the others are aware of it as well. You needn't to worry. I didn't do anything bad."

The village head stared at Xu Ran again and found that he didn't seem to be lying, so he believed him, patted him on the shoulder and said with great sincerity, "Xu Ran, think about your spouse and children. Be careful of the things in the society."

Xu Ran was moved when he heard what the village chief had to say. To be frank, the first person to say such things to him after he arrived in this world was the village chief, who was so much nicer than his father and daddy.

Xu Ran nodded solemnly. "Thank you, village head. I got it, and I will."

They walked towards Xu Ran's house after their conversation. They were greeted by Liu Tong and the others. Xu Ran reintroduced them to each other after the village chief arrived. Xu Ran took out the writing brush and paper, and in front of everybody, he wrote the agreement.

The treatment of the construction team was not poor, particularly when it came to eating, according to what Xu Ran wrote. Every day, there were three meals. Meat was served at lunch and dinner, and breakfast consisted of brown rice porridge with pickles, which was also tasty.

The wage was paid half monthly, and if the employer was satisfied after the completion of the house, the construction team could be rewarded with an extra cash bonus of fifty taels of silver.

No matter how one looked at the agreement, it would draw and enthrall him.

When Foreman Li finished reading it, he signed his name without hesitation. He also inscribed his thumbprint on it. The village head brought the red ink paste for seals, and Xu Ran quickly signed it as well. Only the village head and Xu An, the two witnesses, had not signed it at the end.

The two parties had signed the agreement, so the two witnesses needed not to hesitate about it.

As the people who built the house had been found, Xu Ran breathed a sigh of relief. He asked Foreman Li, "Mr. Li, when will you bring enough men over? I've met someone who can look at it. He suggested that we begin construction on the house on February 15th, so we must return the wood, bricks, and tiles before then. You'll still need to find a place to live."