Chapter Four

Its 9am Saturday morning. Upon waking, I burrow myself back into my sheets. With the dream I had early this morning, I still have no recollection of it which is starting to drive me mad. Each night I wake up with tacky hair and a salty face from the cold sweat. Whatever it is I'm dreaming about, it feels tragic.
It wasn't long until I started to think about how I ended things with Alex. I feel so foolish. I was so oblivious to his looks and his charm being a powerful man. He is an Investment Banker so he has persuasive ways. Don't ask me what an Investment Banker does because what I know I read from google. I read that its tough job and very untrusting which I guess is a fitting job for Alex. It's all about stabbing people in the back and gaining information for unfair advantages. Basically, to sum it up Alex is an untrusting bastard and he will stab you in the at back any given chance.
I remember once he told me he feels powerful and valuable and that too much is never enough. His ego was very intimidating which brings his eighteen-year-old assistant to mind. How could someone so young know how to handle a man with so much force. I know Alex will toss her aside without so much as a thought. Not thinking that this girl is barely an adult and his treatment will humiliate her, shaping the way she sees her future self and her future relationships.
Then Jaxon soon enters my thoughts that gives me welcoming shooting tingles up and down my body. I'm certain I'd like to see him again, that sexual tension has just appeared out of nowhere. The passion escalated very quickly that morning and it took me by surprise as well as him. I thought I was in love with Alex but as soon as my lips touched Jaxon's, it wasn't love at all. Not once did Alex make me into that fluttering mess that Jaxon had me in. Not once.
I've had enough of my slide show of thoughts for one day so, I reach for my phone but the battery has died. My charger is already connected to the wall so I plug it in leaving it on the bedside table to charge. I swing my legs off the bed and stretch my back, noticing tightness in my neck from falling asleep on the sofa last night.
I strip down to bare skin and turn on the shower. I like my showers to be scolding hot or I just won't enjoy it. I grab my razor and a new bottle of Mango shower gel that my parents got me for Christmas. I open the lid and smell how divine it is am then leaving a clean towel on the floor ready for when I get out. The water is incredibly hot on my body, too hot in fact so I add more cold water.
I've washed my tacky hair and my legs are silky smooth. I tilt my head to the right and allow the warm water to penetrate my sore neck. The beautiful mango aroma rides the steam like a rollercoaster, the smell makes me happy. I switch off the water and open the shower door, as I crouch down to pick up the towel I hear a loud thud noise coming from the bedroom. I quickly wrap the towel around my body and slowly tip toe out into the bedroom, scanning the room but nothing is noticeable. That is until I see my phone on the floor. I quickly check the rest of the apartment but nothing else seems out of place. Very strange.
The face recognition unlocks my phone opening out to my messenger to mine and Jaxon's conversation. I'm so confused right now. I hadn't even had the chance to enter in the pin code to restart my phone so how could it be that my messenger is already open? Very, very strange. As I read Jaxon's messages again I notice one I haven't read yet which was sent just before I walked into the shower. I know I never read this message.

"Good morning Ada Rose. I think you should let me take you out for dinner tonight. You could wear that purple dress of yours... or maybe those joggers" 

I feel giddy with excitement. I feel like a silly little school girl. My mind is like a butterfly, no matter how hard I try to get dressed my mind keeps fluttering back to Jaxon.

"Dinner? I thought you would never ask however it has been made clear to me that you would rather take the purple dress out instead."

That purple dress was intended to be worn for Alex that Christmas Eve night. I do not intend on wearing it again especially not on the first date with Jaxon. I have some Christmas bonus money left over, I might actually take advantage of the sales to find something as equally sexy.