Part 22

Once we headed off to Virginia I pulled a cigarette out and started to smoke it "you exited to see your grandparents bub" he jumped in his seat exited I just laughed,

Once we've been driving for about a half hour now I pulled over to a gas station took Lyle in grabbed a few slim Jim's for us me a Red Bull and him a orange juice and I grabbed a muffin I'll share with him,

Once I paid  we walked out to the car and I started driving,

He was drinking his orange juice and eating his muffin "mommy are we almost there" I smiled and said "almost one more hour ok can you handle that"?

He giggled and said "yes mommy I will be good I promise" he said in a salute which made me smile.

It's been an hour and we're close to the house once we pulled in I parked the car and waited for them to come out,

It's an old beat down house but I never minded "sweetheart is that you" i smiled looking up at my grandma "yes it's me" she ran over excitedly hugging me my grandpa ran out as Lyly jumped into his arms "how's my little boy doing huh"?

Grandma stopped hugging me and told my grandpa to stop being rude and come over and hug me.

My grandpa came over and hugged me tight "how are you my dear" he whispered in my ear I've loved his hugs ever since I was a child he never did anything bad to me I know that he never would.

We stopped hugging and all went inside me and grandma were in the kitchen "so dear you haven't seen your parents at all right" she asked worried "no grandma I haven't seen them in a few years" she softly smiled glad at what I said.

I made fried chicken with potatoes and corn "boys dinner" they both ran in exited I laughed and we all sat down eating dinner,

Once dinner was over grandma cleaned the kitchen up as I took Lyle up to bed "but mommy I wanna splay with grandpa" I smirked and said "tomorrow it's getting late go to bed sweets" he groaned playfully i tickled him and left the room.

I unpacked and laid down as it was already night time,

I work up at 1:34 worried about something until I heard Lyles terrified scream...