As they were a large group of children, it was an easy target. Soon, Xu Ran found that the group of children had gone to the back of their house, where Tangtang and Guoguo had burned a lot of ashes yesterday. Xu Ran also followed them behind secretly.

Tangtang and Guoguo led the group of children to the big pile of ashes. Tangtang took out over a dozen of copper coins from his bosom, and then took a step backward. Guoguo took two steps forward and announced seriously, "Today I invite all of you here to give you a chance to make money. As long as anyone burns so much ash, he can take a copper coin here away from us. If you are willing to work for us, you can stay; if you don't, you can go now."

Hearing that they could make money, the children present of among 5 to 8 years old were very excited and no one left.

Dahu was also there in the crowd. He was a little older, so he touched his head and asked Guoguo, "Guoguo, how is this ash burned?"

"Yeah, yeah!"

The other children followed suit.

This scene was similar to that when Xu Ran was looking for people to help develop their wasteland then.

Guoguo put his hands on his back and tried his best to look serious, "You can either go hay-cutting or firewood-gathering in the mountains. Cutting the hay, on the other hand, is simpler and quicker. It's best if you have your own sickles. It's important to keep an eye on the fire. Nothing else can be burned. The person who produces the most ash will receive an additional copper coin as a prize."

Tangtang purposefully swayed the copper coin in his hand as Guoguo was talking about the reward. The group of children's eyes twinkled with stars as they saw the copper coin. They all stated that they had no differing viewpoints on the subject, then erupted in a rage and stormed home to get their combat tools.

Xu Ran watched all these from behind and praised his two children in his heart. He was thinking triumphantly, "They are really my sons!"

The group of children didn't see Xu Ran and he also didn't want to disturb Tangtang and Guoguo. He just went back home with his hands behind his back.

After everyone had left, Guoguo felt relaxed right away and rushed towards Tangtang, "Elder Brother, it's really tiring to have spoken so much!"

Tangtang hugged him and stroked his head, "Well then, in the future, let me do this kind of thing and you can just be my assistant."

Guoguo nodded happily, "Great!"

There on the hillside, they two were just like two peas. Both the brothers were the same in their look, height and even wearing the same clothes. And at the moment, they were hugging together. What a beautiful scene!

Xu Ran couldn't stop praising their two children in front of Liu Tong when they returned home. Despite the fact that they were still still very young, they were behaving like generals, which was very unusual. Then Xu Ran complimented Liu Tong, saying that it was all due to his excellent education.

Even though Liu Tong was shy to be praised, he was content in his heart. After many generations of cultivation, he thought that raising such two children in such difficult times was truly a blessing. They soon heard the children's cries of joy from outside. Standing in the yard, Xu Ran watched Tangtang and Guoguo leading a team of children towards the wasteland and everything was in good order and well arranged.

Many children saw Xu Ran and greeted him with a smile, and Xu Ran responded them happily.

Every morning for the next ten days, Xu Ran could hear these children's cheering cries, laughter, and shouting. They were incredibly energized and vibrant. The construction of Xu Ran's new home was already on the agenda. They had chosen the construction site. Xu Ran and Liu Tong began running around looking for good building bricks and tiles at the moment.