Liu Tong felt a little helpless, "Ran is the one who wants to build it. He said that the bamboo house was cold. We are unable to maintain a comfortable temperature, and our children are still young. I agree with him, and we currently have some cash on hand. It's possible that we'll build it first. We can gain money back if it is spent, but as human beings, we must eat well and live well."

Hearing Liu Tong's words, Wu Mei was still a little unhappy, "As for your husband, he is really too delicate. You are a Ge'er and you haven't complained about anything yet. He just feels cold. You are spoiling him!"

In the end, Wu Mei also felt funny. He knew well that it was not a day or two for Liu Tong to pamper Xu Ran. As their friend, he should have got used to it.

Seeing Wu Mei laugh, Liu Tong himself also laughed, "Indeed,I've been spoiling him for years and am used to it. We should only build a new house first now that we can afford it! Kindly help me in speaking with Xu An to see if he can locate such a construction team to assist us."

"All right. You can go back first. I'll ask him about it later. If he cannot help you, you can go and find the person who came to your family last time. He lives in the town and he will definitely know about it."

Liu Tong nodded. However, he felt shy to tell him that he had borrowed money from that person.

After Liu Tong arrived home, Xu Ran got back too. Tangtang and Guoguo were still busy working behind the house burning a big pile of ash.

Xu Ran went to take the two children home. Both of the children looked like two dirty cats and their clothes were all dirty. Xu Ran patted the ashes off their clothes while telling them, "Daddy has cooked water for you. Let's take a bath first. You've really done a hard day's work."

Both children shook their heads smilingly, "Dad, we are happy. We can work well."

Obviously, they were not asking for credit. They were really happy because they felt they could do something for the family themselves.

Xu Ran patted them and nodded with a smile, "I see it. You are both Dad's good treasures, smart and capable."

While Xu Ran walked to the kitchen, the two children happily ran to take a bath. There was Liu Tong, who was boiling water. His tall figure was blocking the firelight at the time, and Xu Ran stood behind him, staring at him. This was the person he wished to spend the rest of his life with, as well as the family member he wished to care for.

Xu Ran and Liu Tong had another careful conversation about their plan late at night. As a result, the new house's building was determined. Xu Ran desired to build a two-story quadrangle dwelling building. They realized the new house would cost at least 500 taels of silver because it covered such a large area. Both of them were also pondering the financial situation. They didn't expect their two children to give them a big surprise the next day.

___

A group of children outside called Tangtang and Guoguo away as they were about to finish their breakfast in the morning. Both of them hurried outside after setting down their bowls. They were unconcerned with their dogs and just let them run behind them.

Seeing that they were running in a hurry, Xu Ran also stopped eating after taking two more mouthfuls of rice. He said to Liu Tong, "Tongtong, I'll go out and have a look. Why are many children coming?"

Liu Tong nodded, "All right. Don't let our children be bullied."

For some reason, Xu Ran always felt that their children wouldn't be bullied, but he still nodded and replied, "Don't worry, I will look after them."