I looked back at the two and whispered, "We're going to jump out, and we're going to run." I told the two.

Kara nodded scared, "but you're coming right?"

"I don't know." I shook my head, "you two need to get out, when you do I'll try my best to buy you time."

The boy had been silent all this time and only nodded, I mouthed, "Get ready."

Pushing the doors open quietly I peeked out to see if anyone walked behind the carriage, but the closest men were a bit far, we could manage to get past.

I took a deep breath and looked at them, "Go left." I said just as I pushed the doors completely open and those two quickly dropped after me.

All of us getting on our feet I made sure they went ahead while keeping an eye on the men getting near us. I managed to get a quick look around, I didn't even recognize the place.

"They're trying to escape." one of them said, the carriage stopping and the two men that had been driving getting off and running towards us.

I ran faster with my hands still tied, the two were quite a way away. Kara and that kid sure could run, I was falling behind quick and the men were catching up... if this is how things go... Then at least I hope they make it out.

Running as fast I could, racing through the grass, my hair was pulled back, and I was sent tumbling down feeling like my head would be pulled off my body.

I coughed feeling out of breath as the men stood over me stepped on my back, "you fucking bitch stay put."

They were still running, they could catch up two the two. So I'm sure as hell not staying put. I moved around as I could, searching around me with my hands and finding a stick. The man over me moved and stepped on my hands as I let out a scream hearing my fingers crack.

Taking the chance I moved my legs but soon another man came to hold me down, punching me square in the face. I fumbled to continue trying to get on my feet, but the more they beat me down, all I could do was sit and take it.

I was still conscious when they started to drag me back to the carriage. I was just glad when I didn't see or hear they brought anyone else. Relief just washed over me... Kara was safe... Kara was alright...

Then everything just went back to black, the bag no longer over me and my hands and legs untied.

When I woke up I was in a cell, and all I heard was crying around me. Squinting my eyes to get a clear look I'd beenat in a dark place. I saw girls around me, some were younger than Kara while others looked as old as mom... Maybe they had kids of their own in here.

I turned on my back feeling my fingers were all broken... I'd only broken a finger once before... And I could for sure tell that more than one was broken. My legs felt bruised all over and when looking closely they had cuts all over. They were probably from all the branches I had been caught upon. My dress was torn and broken, and I had cut just about everywhere.

I looked around the younger girl, just wanting to make sure they weren't Kara, "he... Hello?" I said hesitantly as some eyes fell on me.

Before I could utter another word an older woman sighed, "who are you looking for?"

"My sister Kara. She's six and not too tall." I said quickly and she seemed to make a mental note.

"No one matches what you're looking for... Either you're lucky... Or very unlucky." she said.

I frowned, what could she mean by that. Getting on my feet I paced around the cell and looked out, there were guards on every corner I thought I could have a chance of escaping.

Getting away from the cell bars I sat on the floor, there were more than ten girls in this little cell, some where sitting together while others sat apart like me.

A guard walked up to our door and opened it, everyone instinctively tried to hide, curling themselves up defensively. While the older woman I talked to sat still and unfazed.

The man looked around as another walked up to the cell, he pointed around landing on me, "Take those three to get branded."

I sucked in a deep breath, branded?! They wanted to brand us as slaves... This is crazy, no I need to get out of here!

Before I could think anything else I was pulled out along with two other girls, they were sobbing like crazy but I was too scared to even react.

When I finally got to my senses I started to squirm and opened my mouth to protest. But I was muted... I couldn't get my voice out from the fear.

They soon pushed us into a room where metal was being heated up, I felt like I was suffocating and squirmed even harder, getting hit on the back and falling to the floor.

"She's first." the man said.