Chapter 41

"How was work, amore?" The satisfying shut echoes as I close the car door, getting in. 

"We got fired." I say with a straight face, reaching for my seatbelt. 

A dark chuckle fills the area. "Who's we?" 

I let out a small smile, remembering the days in Mexico. "We as in Alyssa and I." 

I then proceed telling him all about Alyssa and my relationship with her. We sit in the car for a good hour as he deeply listens to what I say. 

"This definitely isn't a coincidence." I smile to myself, as we come to an end of the conversation.  

He reaches his hand for mine and with his other, softly pulls my head down and kisses it. 

--------------------

Jack, Jack, Jack. 

Fucking Jack.

I planned this all out and now I am going to follow it. No backing out. I internally command myself.

I look over to the side to see a peaceful Michael, sleeping and I take a breath of relief. The clock read 1:12 am and I pray thankfully because he's a heavy sleeper. 

I get up and quickly change into a black skin tight uniform and arm myself of guns and grenades, before hoping out of the window and onto the roof. 

The cool wind in the pitch black sky brushes past me as I make my way down and get the keys out. 

Making sure to be quiet, I turn the car on and silently curse under my breath as I hit 150 miles per hour knowing there is no way out of this now.

After hours of driving, I carefully check the time again. 3:10 am. Michael shouldn't be awake until 9, which gives me plenty of time.

...If I do everything correctly.

I quickly shudder off my negative thoughts and quietly proceed out the car door, loading the holographic gun I used the first time training with Lucas. I let out a small smile to myself.

~~~

"Which one is that?" I point to a sliver one. "Oh, this holographic one?" He reaches for it. "Its holographic?!" I spot the sliver of purple iridescent as the sun hits it while he takes it down.

"Cool, right?" He smirks. "Fuck, yeah." My eyes remain wide. "You can take this one for training." He hands it over to me. He probably saw the hesitation on my face since I was shaky to reach for it. "Don't worry, the safety's on."

I nod as I the cool metal touches my skin, gripping it. "What about you?" I ask about his gun. He takes out a plain grey one. "Yours is kind of boring." I joke.

My body startles at the sound of a loud gunshot. "Lucas!" I shriek. "Never disrespect one of my true loves." He lips press the gun.

~~~

I shudder off the thought and make my way over behind the tree where I see men armed all around. 

A small smirk lights my face. 

I duck down, quietly going to the other side and release a small smoke bomb into the open . The sizzling sound, right before it explodes draws some of the men in. 

As soon as their bodies enlarge in my sight, I go behind one and kick him in the pressure point in the back and he lets out a groan. 

Before he could turn back around, I take his arm behind his back and slit the knife against his throat.