eighteen.

"So I was walking to set and Oak just kept kicking the stupid gravel rocks at me, hitting me in the back of my leg as I was walking-" Barrett stopped herself mid-sentence when she realized her best friend wasn't paying any bit of attention towards her. "Are you listening?"

"Sorry, what?" Danielle's head shot up at her best friend as she realized she had zoned out once again.

"What is going on with you?" the curly-haired woman asked as she took her best friend's hand.

"I need to tell you something,"

Barrett pushed her chair towards her as she sat up straight, giving the younger woman a friendly squeeze as she sat there. "Is everything okay?"

"You are going to be upset with me, I know you are," the blonde paused as she looked her best friend in the eyes as she took a deep breath. "I slept with Stefania, multiple times and I already ended it, don't worry."

Danielle looked down at her hands in silence while Barrett process what she had just told her. "So, um, you've been having sex with Stefania and you didn't even care to tell me?" the taller woman asked, rubbing her thumb along the back of her hand.

"I was scared to tell you. You kept telling me it would be best if we just kept our friendship a friendship and I didn't listen and I don't think it's ever going to be the same again." Danielle's voice began to crack as she thought about the way she felt with Stefania on her bed in her trailer.

"D," Barrett managed out as she looked around the blonde's house for something to comfort her.

"Have you talked to her since?" the older woman wasn't exactly sure what she was supposed to say as she watched her best friend break down in front of her.

"It's only been about four days. I've been trying to avoid her but we have a scene coming up next week and I just know it's going to be a challenge to look at her," Danielle took her hand from Barrett's, resting her head on the table as she allowed herself to freak out.

"Maybe try finding someone else for the time being. Go out on a date, find a woman in a bar, find someone or something to distract you from her, and try to be friends again,"

***

Stefania made her way through the apartment with a long t-shirt on, she had been confused ever since the incident in Danielle's trailer. It had been around two weeks and luckily they didn't have to film with each other.

The Italian made her way to the kitchen in her empty apartment. She had decided that things between her and the blonde were over for good. She pressed her tongue into her cheek as she looked down at her phone with a text from Tony.

She quickly texted back, she had been texting him ever since she truly realized Danielle wanted nothing to do with her. Which made sense, Stefania just wanted a sex buddy and she didn't think the younger woman could handle just that.

Stefania had agreed to dinner with Tony, all she needed was a babysitter.

***

It was now the following week, Stefania's date had gone well and Danielle had finally found a woman to scratch her itch that she had been missing since she told Stefania she couldn't handle what she was doing with her.

Danielle made her way into her trailer to collect her set clothes. It was finally the day that they would film the shower scene. She had filmed a scene like this with Grey, but this was different. With Grey there was no chemistry, the two of them had never been together so it was calm.

Stefania on the other hand had already seen her naked. This time the two of them would be topless with water raining from the ceiling and a crowd of people watching them.