𝐬𝐢𝐱

"Everything stays, right where you left it, everything stays, but it still changes"

Mikasa stooped her head, looking at the crystal blue ocean, tears silently streaming down on her cheeks, fists clenched

Mikasa stooped her head, looking at the crystal blue ocean, tears silently streaming down on her cheeks, fists clenched. She turned around, facing Eren before throwing herself onto him, engulfing him into a deep hug. Eren stood there in shock, wondering if he should hug her back or not. He smiled and hugged her back, placing his arms around her waist and resting his head at the crook of her neck. "I'm sorry Mikasa." Eren buried himself deeper in the hug, Mikasa gripped on him tighter like it was the last moment she was going to hold him,

"I really miss you Eren...please come back."

➽───────────────❥

Both of them stood there for a while, staring into the distance, admiring the vibrant blue it was showing, admiring how the sun rays reflected against the blue waters. "I've been watching over you." Eren said, attempting to break the silence that they both shared. Mikasa smiled at his statement and hummed in response.

"Everything changed, huh?" Eren slightly chuckled, placing both of his hands in his pocket. "Yeah, I guess we can say that." Mikasa quietly said while slightly playing with the water.

It was dead quiet between them. The air felt heavy and Eren didn't really like it. Mikasa suddenly spoke up, "It's just that, we aren't complete. Things may still seem the same but it changed in a completely different way." Eren blankly stared at her, as if he just read his mind. "Yeah," Eren sighed, "I guess we can say that."

And again, both were greeted by silence. Yet, it wasn't that awkward type of silence, it was a type of silence that would someone at ease. Suddenly, a gust of cold wind gushed through them, causing the waves to gently hit their body. Mikasa's scarf became undone, nearly touching the water. Eren gently placed his hand on her scarf.

"Remember," he said while reaching to her scarf and proceeded to wrap it around her, "I made a promise to you." She sweetly smiled at her as she looked at him in his eyes, deeply studying the structure of his face, each strand of hair on his face, and all in all, him.

"I made a promise that I'll wrap that scarf around you as many times as you want." He gave her a closed-eye smile while cupping her cheek on his hand. Mikasa held his hand and sweetly smiled at him. Another gust of wind blew by, then the next thing Mikasa knew, he was gone.

As Mikasa's vision started to get blurry from the tears that were slowly being built upon her eyes, she gripped her scarf once more. 'I remember the first time we went here,' she thought to herself as she moved deeper into the water, 'we were still young back then. If only I were better.' she sighed as she turned around towards the direction of the shore. She saw Armin happily giving Annie a handful of seashells and dead coral. Annie was surprised at how much he has found and planted a gentle kiss on the blonde man's forehead, causing him to become a blushing mess.

Mikasa gently chuckled at the scene that both Armin and Annie made, wishing she were like that with him.

"I've been watching over you."

She remembered Eren's words. She turned back to the ocean, looking into the distance, admiring once more the majestic blue waters and all the mysteries it held. She looked up at the sky to see it clear as the blue waters and to see white fluffy clouds. Suddenly, a bird flew by, sending shivers down Mikasa's spine.

She knew what it was, she knew who it was. Eren Yeager was truly watching over her.

 Eren Yeager was truly watching over her

a/n

f in the chat for a short and somewhat crappy and short chapter. this honestly sounded better in my head and i also twitched up the original plan. chapter 7 will be a lot and quite painful (i think) so i have to mentally prepare myself for that. anyways, i hope y'all enjoyed this short chapter! stay tuned for the next one~