𝐭𝐰𝐨

"Right there where you left it lying upside down. When you finally find it, you'll see how it's faded, the underside is lighter when you turn it around"

 When you finally find it, you'll see how it's faded, the underside is lighter when you turn it around"

Mikasa finally arrived at the hill, Eren's favorite place. A smile crept upon her face as she sat down beside his little tombstone. Mikasa sighed and proceeded to talk to it, "Eren..." she paused, "everyone will be coming to visit you soon."

"Aren't you happy?"

The smile on Mikasa's face slowly turned into a frown as she looked into the distance, admiring the view now that the walls were gone. Suddenly, tears were streaming down on her cheeks,

"...I..." she remained quiet, "...want to meet you again..." Mikasa's scarf suddenly became loose and it undid itself and gently fell. All of a sudden, a bird flew towards her direction, used its beak, and fixed the scarf on her.

Mikasa looked at the bird with confusion, surprised at what was going on and she stood up the moment the bird flew away. She gently placed her hand on her red scarf, gripping on it and letting a sad smile creep upon her face,

"...Thank you...for wrapping this scarf around me, Eren." She continued to watch as the bird flew away. Mikasa knew that this meant that Eren would always be there for her and would watch over her.

➽───────────────❥

The tree on that hill, that was Eren's favorite place. He enjoyed taking naps there and he enjoyed spending his free time with either Mikasa or Armin. Yet now, since 3 years have passed, he left Mikasa with a frown on her face. He'd remember always seeing a smile on her face, now he came back, it was turned upside down.

Other than that, Mikasa loved Eren almost her entire life. Just because of a young boy wrapping a simple red scarf around her neck and took her as family, that moved her. But as time passed by, wouldn't the vibrant red eventually fade away?

Little did Mikasa know, Eren was watching her from a distance, but sadly, she couldn't see him. This is a clear definition of the right person but the wrong time.

 This is a clear definition of the right person but the wrong time

a/n

why does this entire idea suddenly seem shit???? anyways, i'm making no promises but imo, it gets better in the later chapters. thank you for reading and this hurts goodbye~

also if you don't know, i did my best to make the lyrics of the song related to the chapter so that it could hurt more or smth, welp, it hurts me so why. not. Tried making this chapter long, ended up being too wordy or smth. Stay tuned for chapter 3.