𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"Everything stays right where you left it, everything stays, but it still changes, ever so slightly, daily and nightly, in little ways, when everything stays"

Mikasa just sat by his grave, enjoying the view and enjoying the breeze of the wind slowly caressing her shoulders and gently rustling between her strands of loose hair

Mikasa just sat by his grave, enjoying the view and enjoying the breeze of the wind slowly caressing her shoulders and gently rustling between her strands of loose hair. Suddenly, figures of "people" walking in her direction caught her attention. "Armin." She whispered as a strong gust of wind blew against her, causing her hair to fly a bit and the loose end of the scarf to sway along with the wind.

"HI MIKASA!" Armin said yelling while waving his arms in a somewhat childish way. Mikasa smiled at the sight of her childhood friend calling her attention while attempting to run up the hill. "Armin." She quietly says, placing her hand on Eren's tombstone. "How do you think is he?" Armin asked as he sat down beside Mikasa; others also making their way up the hill. "I think he's doing fine." She quietly said as she leaned on Armin's shoulder, attempting to escape her "isolation-like" world.

"I know..." Mikasa spoke up, causing Armin to look at her without disturbing the position she was in, "I know he's watching over us, or from afar...but I know he's watching us." Mikasa sighed while gently placing her hand on her skirt.

"Hi." A female suddenly spoke, Mikasa looked up to see none other than Annie Leonhart. "Hi Annie, how are you?" Annie sat beside Armin and just simply smiled, "I guess I can say I'm fine. How about you?" A gust of wind suddenly blew, as the leaves of the tree rustled, causing some to fall and get blown away by the wind. "Same."

Pieck threw herself on the grass, spreading her arms and enjoying the ground, "My, this is such a beautiful place." Reiner witnessed Pieck throwing herself onto the ground and walked towards her, "Enjoying yourself, Pieck?" Reiner questioned, Pieck turned around to give the man a tired smile, "It's better than smelling paper and lusting over a married woman, Reiner." Reiner's cheeks flushed before he opened his mouth to talk back to Pieck, Jean called their attention.

"This place looks way better without the walls, right Jean?" Connie gently hit Jean in the arm, causing him to stifle in "pain". "Yeah..." He said while turning to Mikasa to look at her. She was still leaning on Armin's shoulder while he talked with Annie. "Oi. Oi!" Connie hit Jean's nape to call his attention, "Tsk, Connie, you don't have to do that. You're risking my hair." Jean growled while gently rubbing his nape. "What are you looking at, Jean boy?" Connie said, slyly smiling while putting his arm over his shoulder and somewhat ruffling his hair.

➽───────────────❥

"Armin, I need to tell you something." Mikasa said, removing her head from Armin's shoulder. "Do I need to leave or-" Annie was cut off by Armin putting his hand on her's, "It's fine, but, yeah you can leave first." Armin laughed as he pulled his hand away from her's.

"Get married." Mikasa jokingly said, causing the blonde boy to blush, "No! No, not yet?" Mikasa smiled at the sight of Armin being in love, she wished she could be like that. "Earlier while I was waiting for you guys, a little bird came by and wrapped my scarf for me." She, once again, placed her hand on her scarf, trying to cover her mouth with it. "A bird?"

"Yeah, a bird. I think it's Eren but, who knows?" Mikasa smiled and looked up at the sky. The ruffling of leaves and the fresh smell of grass were relaxing till someone cleared their throat and broke the moment. "Oh hi, Jean." Armin said while standing up, "Fancy seeing you here." he slyly smiled, causing Jean to blush. "Shut up Armin." He smirked. His eyes landed on Mikasa, eyes somewhat puffy from crying and nose rosy red. "Hi, Mikasa." He placed his hand on his pocket and used his other hand to scratch the back of his neck. "Hi, Jean." She gently smiled at the tall man.

She gently patted the ground, signing Jean to sit beside her. He sat beside her; awkward silence was all they shared until Jean built up the courage to ask how she was after, you know what, happened. "It's good to see that you're doing fine." Mikasa gently said, re-doing her ponytail. Jean looked at her in awe, he's always loved Mikasa's hair, it's just that she always had it short. Now it was long and it made her look prettier in his eyes. "You look beautiful." Jean suddenly blurted out, causing himself to become flustered. "Thank you." Mikasa genuinely smiled at him in return, causing the flustered man to get more flustered.

Jean indeed still had feelings for Mikasa, it never really changed actually. It's just that he had to distance himself from her because of her known undying love for Eren Yeager. Jean respected that, he respected her and her decision to keep loving the boy who sought freedom. "Ya think he's doing fine?" Jean awkwardly laughed, then eventually regretted sounding stupid and asking a dumb question to a girl who's mourning over her lover's death. "I think he is." She smiled at him.

"Jean?" Mikasa whispered, he hummed in response, "Thank you, you and the others, for everything." She smiled and he returned the friendly gesture. "Sure thing, that's the only thing I can do for you, I guess." He nervously scratched the back of his neck (yes I word "back of his/her neck" and "nape" at the same time ouu so wordy) and chuckled.

➽───────────────❥

'From afar I watch the people I care for. Now I can't hold them in my hands, now I shall watch them from afar. I know they can't see me so I shall watch from afar and resist the temptation and the instinct to approach them.' He sighed, "If only I can approach them if only I can be seen." He slowly approached the hill, the grass wasn't making any noise as if he wasn't there, he wasn't there. He approached them without hesitation and stopped at the foot of the hill. He sees Mikasa happily resting her head on Jean's shoulder. He sees Armin happily talking to flustered Annie, Connie messing with Reiner, and Pieck still lying down on the grass. "They look so happy, I guess that's good to see." He said to himself and let out a sigh.

He just stayed by the foot of the hill, watching the people who were dear to him live, laugh, and love. And he was the one and only, Eren Yeager.

"Mikasa..."

a/n

a/n

yey i managed to make this chapter kinda lengthy without making sound or look too weird. anyways i really love this chapter for some reason but you have no idea what's in store for this short story~ stay tuned for chapter 4 that i might write and publish tomorrow. also fun fact, this book is meant to confuse a lot of people goodbye-