"Happy new year!" Xu Ran politely replied.

Then he asked, "Are you here visiting your relatives in the village?"

"No, Mr. Xu, it's my master who wants to express his gratitude. Hey, look at my memory. My master is still in the carriage," said the shopkeeper. He was about to turn around when he heard Zhuo Yun's voice, "No need. Your master is right behind you."

Zhuo Yun had a sad expression on his face. He hadn't expected Old Qian to disregard him, his own master, and approach Xu Ran directly. Xu Ran was entertained by the master and his servant for no apparent reason.

"Hello, Mr. Zhuo! Here you are!" greeted Xu Ran.

Zhuo Yun started complaining as soon as he saw Xu Ran, "Mr. Xu, you don't know how difficult it is to find you. I only heard that you live in the Xu Village, but I didn't know where the Xu Village was. I asked for directions. As a result, people pointed us to another village.We went around in circles like this for a while before figuring out where the Xu Village was. Fortunately, your family lives near the village's entrance, so we saw you as soon as we arrived."

Xu Ran quietly rubbed his nose. He tried to remind him that this was the village's end, not its entrance. However, due to their pitiful appearance, Xu Ran chose not to disappoint them for the time being.

"Mr. Zhuo, your shopkeeper told me that you are looking for me? Then please hurry into the house! Take the carriage to the yard, too," Xu Ran said as he made way for zhuo Yun to enter the house.

Zhuo Yun had been tossing about on the road all morning, and had never even had a mouthful of water, so he didn't stand on ceremony. After entering the yard, Xu Ran called out to the room inside, "Tongtong, get two bowls of warm boiled water for us. Here comes Mr. Zhuo."

Then Xu Ran introduced Zhuo Yun to Xu An and the others. Despite the fact that Xu An and the others were from the countryside, they were able to communicate properly and happily. Zhuo Yun suddenly realized the present he had brought with him was still on the carriage as they were about to eat dinner. He immediately requested that the shopkeeper to take it out.

Xu Ran accepted the gift, but he didn't open it. He thought that no matter what was presented by others, he should be grateful, because it represented the kindness of others.

Today's menu included a variety of foods, many of which Zhuo Yun had never tried before, including potatoes and fried pork with edible fungus. Zhuo Yun was taken aback after tasting a mouthful of them. Then he couldn't resist using his chopsticks. He had finished more than half of the two dishes by himself in the end. As a result, a number of the children present could only give him a reproachful expression.

As the children's dissatisfaction was too obvious, Zhuo Yun realized it and had to stop his chopsticks. He felt embarrassed and apologized with a smile, "I'm sorry, but I've never eaten this kind of food. I just couldn't help eating a lot."

All the people present showed him a knowing expression, which made Zhuo Yun more embarrassed.

Xu Ran didn't expect this to happen. He smiled and said, "Mr. Zhuo, Never mind. People are always attracted to something new to them. We were also like you when we first ate it."

"Really?" Zuo Yun rubbed his nose and tried to pick other dishes, but his eyes still didn't leave the two dishes.

Others sitting at the table were amused inwardly.

Wu Mei's and the other families returned home after lunch. It was inconvenient for them to remain at Xu Ran's house since there were visitors there. Dahu took Tangtang and Guoguo with him. Even though it was Chinese New Year, kids could still find something new to play with.