chapter 32

"She got broken neck, her back isn't in the best condition either, her arm is broken too, along with her nose, both of her legs are broken and there might be a chance she won't be able to walk again."
"Jesus."
Someone mumbled under their breath.
It was like my heart broke into million pieces. What did she do to deserve something like this? She was always the most loving person and most of the time really positive and goofy. And now she might not be able to walk? Fucking bullshit. Why couldn't that be me.
"And baby?"
I asked, holding in my tears.
"I'm sorry. It was either her or baby. And if we saved a baby the chances for her to live would be so small because it's literally middle of her pregnancy."
I nodded and doctor gave us all simpathetic smile.
"You're not able to see her now, she is still sleeping."

Soon, doctor left. Everyone was crying. This is too much pain. Why couldn't it just simply be me and not her?
Addison hugged me and buried her head in my chest, sobbing.
"What do I do now Addison?"
I whispered, my forehead resting on her temple.
"Tell her. Tell her the truth. Tell her how you feel. Trust me, Jaden."
I finally let out a sob, my tears going in her hair.
Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned around too see who is it.
Josh stood there with his chin trembling as he tried to hold his tears.
We looked at each other for a good second, before hugging each other.
I don't hug people. It's really simple.
But the person that I love is broken, and with that I literally mean it. The only person I've ever loved. I think I might just need a hug, or two.
"I'm sorry."
I mumbled out.
"This is not your fault. It's none of ours fault."

Most of us had to leave because we were making big crowd in the hospital, but Josh told me to stay, if I wanted it.
So now, it was Josh, Nessa, Addison, Bryce, Blake and me.
Amelie went just today with her mom to Africa I'm pretty sure, so she wasn't there.

Hours passed by, and finally doctor came to talk to us again.
"She's awake. You guys can go in, but try to avoid physical touch. She's in room 72."
"Okay, thank you so much."
He smiled with a nod and left.
Everyone got up and grabbed their stuff while I just stood frozen in place.
I wanna go in but I know I can't. At least not at the same time as everyone. I don't think she wants to see me.
"I-I think I'm going to, uh, wait here."
They just nodded. They probably thought too that I shouldn't go there.
I ruined that girl. I broke her. I can't just walk up to her. But I'm so happy she is alive. It makes my heart beat faster. And I'm so sorry that she will have to go through the recovery, because it will take so long.

OLIVIA'S P.O.V.

I was driving home with the picture of my baby in my hand.
I can't believe it still that I'm going to be a mom.
As a normal person, I was jamming my radio and singing while driving and for a second I thought I didn't see good, but I did.
Car was driving right into me. I tried to escape it, but I just couldn't. Everything was white while I could just hear nothing but whistling.

Next thing I know, I'm waking up in a bed with a lot of pain streaming through my body.
"Hello Olivia, I'm doctor Will Halstead. Do you know where you are?"
"H-hospital?"
"Yes. Do you know what happened?"
"I got into car crash."
"Yes. Okay, she doesn't have amnesia."
"M-my baby- Is she okay?"
"I'm so sorry."
No no no no no no no no.
This can't be possible.
This is all my fault.
My baby is dead.
This is my fault. If I just didn't lie to Josh and let them go with me.
I tried to get up, but everything in my body started aching, pulling me back down.
I whined in pain, breaking down crying.
"You can't move, okay? You have to lay down. You have broken neck, your arm is broken too, along with nose, both of your legs are broken and your back is in bad condition. The last thing you wanna try is to move right now."
"T-This is my fault. My baby is gone."
I started sobbing and doctor tried to hold my hand, in comfort probably.
"Do you want me to let your friends in?"
"Y-yes."
He nodded and left the room with nurse.
I hate myself. How did I let this happen?

"Olivia?"
Josh rushed in the room, Nessa, Addison, Bryce and Blake following behind.
"Liv, I'm so happy you are here, oh my God."
"How are you feeling?"
I just glared at them. How does it looks like I'm feeling?
"Sorry, stupid question."
"I'm sorry."
I broke down crying again. This hurts so bad. I killed my baby.
"Liv, it's okay, it's not your fault."
"It is. I lied to you because I didn't want you to go there with me. I wanted Jaden to be there with me on every single one I went but he obviously didn't care. But I just couldn't go with you to see the gender. I didn't want to. And now because I'm stupid I killed my baby."
I sobbed, stuttering all the time.
"It's okay, it'll be okay."
"No it won't because now, my baby is dead. All because of me."
"I-"
"And if I didn't kill her, I would've had a little baby girl in my arms in few months. Just like Jaden and I wanted. Now everything is ruined."
I felt so miserable now. I felt so vulnerable. I felt- I'm feeling only pain. Pain. Pain. Pain.
There's nothing else, but pain. In my heart, in my body.
I thought if I couldn't have Jaden, I would've had a baby. And now I have neither of them.
I'm feeling like I just want to die. It was better if I died. But I had to stay here and now I don't even know if I'll be able to walk ever again.
Fuck this shit.

A/N As expected, honestly.
This book will only have one season, and then I'll probably be making a sequel after some time. I'm really excited.
Also, not me using Dr Halstead from Chicago med LMAO.
Also I know nothing about broken necks and there was nothing on google so we'll go with the story that I make, bc I'm sure neither of you know something about that.