Star Studded- Peace At Last

Start from the beginning

"Just tell me what happened already. Damn."

"What about a dam?"

Markus groaned.

Hannah followed behind him as she explained what happened. To her, it seemed like a poor tactical choice if he thought she would kill him. She explained the conversation she heard and what happened after in a brief minute. Markus only spoke when she finished.

"Okay," he said. "A 'love curse', huh?"

"What about it?" Hannah asked.

"I know Scions have powers and whatnot, given that you blasted wind in my face, but I can't wrap my head around how a power like this actually exists. Like magic."

"Not every Scion has physical abilities. Some are much more... focused I could say?"

"Then why do you look like you got blasted with lightning?"

"Oh, well, I was blasted with lightning."

Markus stopped walking and turned around. His plain face became a shade darker. "So, what are we dealing with? Physical abilities or some kind of mental ones?"

"Could I try and bring it into perspective if I referred to her as a sort of witch?"

Markus folded his arms. "Okay, I'm listening. So what can she do?"

"For starters, she seems to be able to manipulate wind instead of just firing it like I do, and that weird lightning bolt. Then, there's the more dangerous mental powers. Spells, curses..."

"Give me some examples."

"Scions change the course of history, right?" Hannah asked.

"Okay," Markus nodded.

"She would be like a witch in the old stories. Manipulating from the background."

"Why can't you do any of those things?"

"My abilities are just for fighting," she said. "I doubt her actual fighting abilities as a Scion would match up to mine, but some Scions are just stronger than others. Scions like her aren't that common."

"Okay," Markus said. "Say we were in front of Ariel and trying to get Light back. Could you take her?"

"My powers would be stronger in combat," she answered. "But I don't have any experience."

"Is there anyone around that actually can?"

"A well-trained Scion is worth more than an army. I doubt she'd even let anyone get close."

"So... This 'Rayquaza' is scared of Reshiram and Light, so it wants Light dead," Markus recited. "So Ariel made a deal to keep him alive by locking him up here?"

"Right."

"How much of a pain is this thing, anyways?"

"Enough to scare Ariel into mistreating someone she loves," Hannah said. "Even if she does release him, Rayquaza will turn on her and kill them both. And as for fending it off, I don't even know what it looks like."

"I've never even heard of it before." Markus turned around. "Shit... And I used to look into old stories a ton, too."

"Whar's 'shit'?"

"Stop saying words out loud that you don't understand. You're gonna get yourself killed."

"Okay?"

Markus continued to lead. Before Hannah followed, she stole a suspicious glance at the trees around them. She relaxed and continued to follow.

Behind a tree, Audino Agatha twirled the strand of her ear. She pushed off of the tree bark, careful to keep her black leather jacket from making too much noise. She waited until they were a good distance away.