𝟣𝟨 | 𝗻𝗲𝗲𝗱

Start from the beginning

"Yep. We will."

Beomgyu just met this little girl, but he somehow already formed a bond with it. Was it because she's the first genuinely kind spirit he's met? Or was it because they both didn't know their parents?

He entered the elevator and pressed the third floor button. He didn't even know what he was doing, he just pressed a random button.

The elevator ride from the 18th floor to the 3rd floor was pretty long, and all of a sudden the lights went out and the elevator completely stopped.

"Beomgyu!" he heard Jasmine yell in fear, clinging on to his waist.

"It'll be fine, don't worry. Beomgyu's here," he smiled, patting the little girl's head in the dark.

Beomgyu pulled out his phone from his pocket and turned on the flashlight.

"Better?" Beomgyu asked, and Jasmine nodded in relief.

"Sheesh...what do we do now?" he asked nervously.

Beomgyu considered calling Yeonjun or Soobin at least, but they were probably deep asleep because they were so damn tired. Besides, there was no signal in the elevator.

"Beomgyu? It's hot..." Jasmine panted, and Beomgyu wiped the sweat off her forehead.

He was already starting to feel suffocated because of the lack of air inside the elevator. Slowly, he sank to the floor and tried to take deep breaths.

Then a miracle happened- the lights went back on and the elevator started working again.

"Oh, at fucking last," Beomgyu breathlessly mumbled.

"What does fucking mean?" the little girl asked curiously.

Oh.

"It's a bad, bad word, ok? Don't ever try to say it!" Beomgyu panicked, and the little girl nodded in confusion.

"Which floor did you and your parents stay in?" he asked, trying to change the topic.

"The third floor, you already pressed it actually," Jasmine answered, and Beomgyu's eyes widened- he was able to guess the floor they stayed in?

They arrived in the third floor, and Beomgyu wandered around for a while.

"Do you remember where your room is?" he asked.

"I think it was around that corner...?" Jasmine mumbled, sounding unsure.

Beomgyu followed Jasmine and soon enough they reached their room.

But there were barricade tapes on the door, and everything around it looked burnt.

"W-what happened here?" Beomgyu asked Jasmine who stayed silent.

It just so happened that there was a janitor cleaning around that place that time, and Beomgyu ran up to him.

"What are you doing here this early in the morning?" the janitor asked in confusion.