Maiden Flight and New Discoveries

Back at the Cove the next day

You and Hiccup each carry a saddle, but you also have a basket of fish on your back. You were going to bribe Onyx to keep her still; fortunately or unfortunately, Hiccup thought it would be easy to get a saddle on a wild dragon.

You each present the saddles to your dragons. Onyx is pleased with it but before you can put it on her she flies up and around the cove with a gummy smile. Toothless has a similar reaction having Hiccup chase him round the cove with the saddle Above his head. You coax Onyx back down with the fish and Toothless stops running for a bite as well.

Hiccup attaches a rope to the end of Toothless's tail fin and he brings it up near the saddle. You and Onyx watch as Hiccup and Toothless did a test flight everything was going well until he pulled too much Toothless's body was slung one way and Hiccup went the other.

Unknown to you that when Toothless was slammed into the wall your eyes began to glow a violent gold.

You and Hiccup add safety hooks to the and flight outfits with a string on the belt of the outfit to attach to the saddle.

Hiccup tries to attach the string to his ankle this time as he flies. Onyx seems slightly faster because she has both normal tail fins so you slow down for Hiccup to catch up.

He then proceeds to crash into a place filled with tall grass. As you soar above in circles you watch Toothless roll around happily in the grass. You then land so Onyx can roll in it as well. You and her played together as Hiccup examined the strange grass.

You stopped to look at him. "This grass really calms down dragons." Hiccup comments. "Yeah! It's just like catnip for dragons!" You laugh. "Dragon nip?" He stares at you, and you laugh. He gives you a handful of the grass.

You put it in your bag before grabbing a couple more fistfuls to see if Gothi would like it for her supplies.

At the Arena that Evening

Hiccup held the dragon nip tightly in his hand before the Gronckle ran at the two of you on its third shot. He held his hand in front of him and the dragon sloppily lands.

Its eyes dilate, and its tail wags as he scratches its nose with the dragon nip. As he brings his hand down the Gronckle flops on its side and you giggle. As many Vikings including Gothi watched.

As you Hiccup and the other teens leave they surround him. "What was that? Some kind of trick? What did you do?" Fishlegs asks absolutely fascinated. "How'd you do that?" Tuff asks. "It was really cool." Ruff comments.

"Hey, Hiccup, I've never seen a Gronckle do that before!" Snotlout says with a smile as you stare in surprise at his kind words towards Hiccup. As they continue to surround him you huff in annoyance.

I need to check on Onyx and Toothless. Something in the back of your mind reminded you. "Hiccup where's your ax? I think you left it in the ring! Let's go get it!"

You drag him away from the others, and you almost run into Astrid in the process. She gives you a confused look but meets up with the others.

You walk around the arena and back to the cove.

The next day