This is Berk

3rd Person POV

A fairly high-pitched voice sounding as if it belonged to a young teenage boy begins to speak.

"This is Berk. It's twelve days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death."

Darkness covers the sky. Fog is everywhere, covering a small island that is guarded by two large Viking statues with torches in their mouths.

"It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery."

The island known as "Berk" is covered in huts all surrounding its great hall. Silhouettes of large reptilian creatures surround several of the small huts.

"My village. In a word, sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but, every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets."

Bleating sheep can be heard as they take intervals grazing on a spot near the Great Hall.

"The only problems are the pests."

The voice pauses as a sheep is grabbed from its grazing spot by long claws, and is carried away as the other sheep take its place.

"You see, most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have..."

As one of the reptilian creatures spews fire from its mouth, a door to a hut is slammed shut. A small frail boy huffs as he presses his back against the door.

"-dragons!"

The frail boy runs out of the hut revealing many Vikings fighting off the reptilian beasts known as dragons. One Viking tackles the face of a large yellow and blue dragon with long black claws as it attempts to fly away with another sheep.

"Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings. We have, stubbornness issues."

As the Viking falls from the dragon's face, the dragon spews fire at a nearby house making it burst into flames.

"My name's Hiccup. Great name, I know. But, it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming Viking demeanor wouldn't do that."

Hiccup runs around awkwardly avoiding Viking after Viking. An explosion can be heard in the distance catching Hiccup off guard, and tripping himself. A bearded Viking screams then gives him a smile and a cheery "Mornin'!" As Hiccup continues running other Vikings yell his way, either questioning his being outside or telling him to go back to his hut. During this, he is grabbed by a bulky reddish brown-haired man with a long beard. Hiccup seems to curl into himself as the Viking scolds him " Hiccup?! What is he doing out aga--?! What are you doing out?! Get inside!"

"That's Stoick the Vast. Chief of the tribe. They say that when he was a baby, he popped a dragon's head clean off of its shoulders."

Stoick tosses a large wooden cart at a dragon, knocking it out of the sky.

"Do I believe it? Yes, I do."

A Viking runs toward Stoick. "What have we got?" The Viking replies  "Gronckles, Nadders, Zipplebacks. Oh, and Hoark saw a Monstrous Nightmare." "Any Night furies?" Stoick replies. "None so far!" The Viking shakes his head. "Good" Stoick finally says with a solemn look on his face.