Unforgiving Secrets

2nd Person POV

It was the next day. You didn't want to watch Hiccup possibly get murdered so you decided you would mess around in your Night Fury form at the cove with Onyx and Toothless.

At the Arena
3rd person POV

Stoick was on a platform that was slightly higher than the area the crowd below him was standing on.

"Well, I can show my face in public again! If someone had told me that in just a few short weeks, Hiccup would go from being, well... Hiccup, to placing first in Dragon Training... Well, I would've tied him to a mast and shipped him off for fear he'd gone mad." Stoick yelled out to the crowd, his voice filled with joy.

"Yes! And you know it! But here we are. And no one's more surprised...or more proud than I am. Today, my boy becomes a Viking. TODAY, HE BECOMES ONE OF US!" Stoick throws his arms up in the air in excitement as the Monstrous Nightmare was about to be released.

With you at the Cove
2nd Person POV

You were pacing around the cove in your dragon form. You would occasionally shoot out a plasma blast to see the limits of your abilities. You changed back to your human form and stood huffing and puffing for breath next to Onyx and Toothless who had been napping for a while.

They were getting bored with your shenanigans. Toothless swiped his tail under you and Onyx wrapped her wing around you. You were now stuck in a dragon burrito.

Back at the Arena
3rd Person POV

Astrid and Hiccup are standing in front of the gate that leads into the dragon arena. "Be careful with that dragon," Astrid says to Hiccup with a worried look.

Hiccup looks at the opposite side of the arena to his father before turning to look in the direction of the cove. "It's not the dragon I'm worried about." He says back to Astrid.

"What are you gonna do?" She asks. "Put an end to this." Hiccup replies with a dead serious face. She furrows her brows at him, unsatisfied with his answer.

"I have to try. Astrid, if something goes wrong... just make sure they don't find Onyx or Toothless." Hiccup says with a pleading look in his eyes whilst tilting his helmet up above his eyebrows.

"I will. Just... promise me it won't go wrong." Astrid replies with anxiety bubbling inside her. Gobber approaches the gate, and he places a hand on Hiccup's shoulder nearly knocking him over.

"It's time, Hiccup. Knock him dead." Gobber says in an attempt to encourage him. The group of teens that surrounded the arena cheered their new "friend" on.

Hiccup walks into the arena reluctantly before grabbing a small dagger and a shield. Stoick seemed to scoff at this. "I would've gone for the hammer." He says to the Vikings around him who nod in agreement.

Hiccup stares at the door with determination filling his gaze. "I'm ready." He shouts out. The Latch holding the cage shut is lifted, and the Monstrous Nightmare burst out of the cage with its entire body engulfed in flame.

In its panic, it crawls around the arena's iron bar roofing and shoots once or twice at the audience. They seem unbothered by this and laugh it off despite the near-death experience. That's Vikings for you.