twenty-eight

the aksel thing in this chap is based off the one tiktok he did btw you'll see
/

you've been off of all social media's for about 6 days now. surprisingly, you've been feeling a lot better about yourself.

you knew that it wasn't a permanent solution, but it's helping. it definitely isnt the base of all your issues, but it must have been a factor.

weston and kalynn are recording a video right now, in a different set up then usual. usually you're all in the living room together, but they've just been in their rooms on a call with eachother in the time you've been gone.

occasionally you hear them scream, but that's as expected.

you're sitting out on the couch with jade sprawled across your stomach. kalynn made muffins for breakfast, so you're eating an extra one to fill some time.

princess bubblegum is shining through the tv screen, you've seen the episode multiple times before. adventure time has truly became your comfort show, no matter how much shit your mom gives you over it being a kids show.

both kalynn and weston's doors open, signaling that they've finished recording for the night.

"you guys done?" you question as kalynn moves into the kitchen and weston starts walking towards you.

"all done," he flops on the couch by your legs, shimmying his way in between them and laying his head on your stomach. jade's tail adjusts at the new weight, leaving her to cross it around his neck.

his stomach was faced towards the couch cushions, his back towards the ceiling. the side of his face presses into the bottom of your stomach. he wraps his hands underneath your back, causing you to lift up your back so he can slip them under.

"you okay?" you can't help but smile, twisting his hair while he shuts his eyes.

"im tired," his voice mumbles into your stomach as his thumbs draw small circles on your back.

"sleep then," kalynn chimes in from over in the kitchen, suggesting it as if it's the most obvious thing.

"great thanks kalynn," he sighs pressed against you as you continue to play with his hair.

you snort a quiet laugh, pulling your phone off of the coffee table and checking your texts.

aksel
*image*

you click on it, seeing that it's just a picture of him smiling. hes wearing his neon green beenie, literally just smiling in the picture.

you open up your camera, bringing it down towards your waist so weston and jade were both in the picture. weston sees the camera, making a ':o" face with his eyebrows raised. you open your mouth into a wide smile, snapping the picture and getting a good look at it.

you open up his message again, selecting the image to send back.

you
*image*
PogU!

you throw your phone back across the room and onto the table. weston looks up at you down from your stomach, looking more tired than ever.

"wanna go outside?" he asks, leaving you a little confused since he's so tired.

"sure! we can have a picnic if you want to. kalynn you should come too," you move your head over the back of the couch to speak to her.