twenty-six

"i got one!" kalynn's voice shouts through the discord call. you've both been looking for a motorcycle for so long.

"i'm coming let me on!" you hop in a random sports car that was on the highway, and speed over to where she is.

"finally," you see kalynn's avatar by the gas station while she sits on her motorcycle. you park your car in the middle of the road, hopping onto the back of it.

"what's up with your guys' avatars," aksel asks both of you, passing you in his bus.

"i think if you had tits you would make this your gta avatar too," you reply while shoving a grape in your mouth, kalynn driving for you.

your avatars were matching, kalynn's character wearing a white lingerie set and your character wearing a black one. you both had hot pink hair, ending at the avatar's shoulders.

hoover and weston laugh, they're both up by the los angeles sign. you have weston's chat open on your second monitor, checking in on it as you play.

"y/n," he says your name suddenly as you watch his character stand on top of the 'L' on the sign.

"yeah?"

"check your phone, i texted you like a half hour ago," he smiles through the web cam of his stream while keeping his attention to his monitor.

"mm," you hum, the new grape in your mouth keeping you from opening you mouth. your phone is over on your bed, which means you have to take out your ear buds for a second to go and get it.

as expected, 34 minutes ago he texted you.

weston koury

are you alright? D: u seem v quiet

yeah! tired

ik but u always say that :(

i'm good!!!! just on low energy maybe

do u wanna get off?

you look at your second monitor to see his stream, seeing his eyes on his phone and his left leg against his chest.

it's cool if u do! don't feel forced to stay on or anything

ik, but everyone's so excited to see the five of us play all together because it's been so long, i don't wanna cut it short

you wouldn't. promise promise !

i don't know
it's fine, i'll just stay on for a bit longer :)

rest is 10000x more important y/n

maybe

come out to kitchen

you rub your hands against your eyes, looking at weston's chat and seeing everyone talk amongst themselves since he was silent. they all get along very well.

"aksel, hoover, kalynn, run my stream for just a sec i'll b-r-b," he mutes his mic, tugging his earbuds out and running his hand through his hair as he stood up from his chair.

you hear his door open from the distance, shutting right after. you mute your mic as well now, pulling your own earbuds out and getting up to meet him.

you open the door to see him rummaging through the cabinet, back faced towards you.

he turns around, noticing you and grinning.

you walk towards him, sitting on the island stool and resting your head in your hands.

"are you actually just tired?" he sits next to you, looking down at you in concern as he rubs your shoulder.

you think for a minute, something about weston's stream waiting for him made you feel closed up. you shift your eyes over to him, still hesitating on saying anything.

"i don't know," you just barely whisper, fixating your eyes on the counter beneath you.

"it's okay if it's just an excuse. i just wanna help you, i want you to be happy," he rests his head against his arms now as well, meeting your gaze.

"i'm not saying go get diagnosed, or get on these meds, or go to therapy," he lists in a mocking tone, making you smile at his annoyance at the only suggestions most people usually have to mental illnesses.

"of course you could do any of that if you really wanted to, but at the end of the day just do what you know will actively effect you, positively. staying off of social media, going to bed earlier and waking up earlier, little things. it'll help, and if you see no difference after trying all of those things, then please tell me. i dont like seeing you drained like this, and i know you don't like it either," his voice is filled with genuine care for you.

"i have no motivation to get myself out of this mindset," you speak softly, always used to concealing anything related to your stability.

"that's okay, it's normal. like i said, starting with little things will speed up the process. it takes time to get used to a healthy routine, i would never expect you to throw all of it on yourself at once."

"you're a very strong gal y/n," he continues quietly, "i only want you to be at your best. and i'll be here for you and love you through the process, i don't want you to feel like you need to continue to do something or keep yourself awake just to benefit other people."

you bring your head out of your arms, wrapping them around weston's neck as you head sits in the crook of it.  his arms coil around your back, squeezing you tightly in reassurance.

"i'm sorry you had to go away from you str-"

"hey hey hey," he looks at you as he shakes his head, "i didn't have to do anything. i wanted to. i would be a horrible person if i noticed you were anything other than happy and just ignore it. remember what i said? you can't always keep yourself in a bad state because you think doing otherwise would be a bother."

you dig your head deeper into his neck, feeling the texture of his crew neck brush against your cheek.

"c'mon," he backs away from the hug, looking at your weak eyes, "let's go to bed."

"but your stream-"

"-is ending," he cuts off your sentence, finishing it himself with a grin.

he walks into his room, leaving you at his door frame for a quick minute.

"yo, i'm peacing out, stay safe get good sleep," he says a rushed goodbye, raiding selma and shutting off his pc.

"here," a pair of sweatpants is tossed into your hands, along with a plain tee.

"do you know i live here?" you smile at the fact that you have pajamas in the next room.

"this is so much more cliche though," he flops on his bed, acting as if cliche is a positive thing. he was already wearing the type of clothes he wears to bed, so he was already under his blanket and ready to fall asleep.

you change into the clothes he gave you tiredly, tossing your bra on the floor once you had the other shirt on top of it. which seems to get a laugh out of weston.

"i've seen you naked, unless you've forgotten," he smiles at you as he refers to you only taking off your bra once your chest was covered again.

"shut up," you lay down next to him, his arm wrapping around you in comfort.

"i'm not trying to be a buzz kill, but i kinda just wanna sleep," you mumble, not enough energy in you to talk like you two usually do before sleeping.

"you're fine," he laughs, "goodnight, love you." his lips kiss your forehead, pushing himself closer behind you until there was barely any space in between your bodies.

"night, i love you."

/
sry ik this took kinda long! lots of distractions + i had trouble thinking of what to write about. 5k reads and 200+ votes what!!!! crazy tysm