sixteen

"yo," weston bursts in through the apartment, his mask covering his face as he shakes his hair into place.

he's holding 3 grocery bags, all of them having the target logo on them. he sets them down onto the counter, right in front of aksel and kalynn.

"hey," you smile at him from the living room, turning your neck around so you can face him.

"hey, how's your morning been," he walks up towards you, bending down to your level and pulling his mask down to give you a small peck on the lips.

"good! what'd you get at target?" you look over towards aksel, watching him dig through the bags with kalynn.

"i got a new pair of ear buds and some snacks. jade keeps chewing mine up," he throws his mask into the laundry room, slipping off his shoes by the door at the same time.

"we've got news," aksel says towards weston, putting kalynn's bowl of cereal into the dishwasher for her.

"what's up?" weston finally settles, flopping down onto the couch next to you.

"me and you got invited to love or host for next week. its duo edition, so we have to bring someone. i'm thinking you bring y/n and i bring kalynn?"

"how the hell is love or host duo edition gonna work?" weston puts on a confused face, slightly laughing at the weird add on.

"it's another platonic one, it's like you're competing to become a trio or something," he shrugs, obviously not entirely sure what it actually means.

"who's featured?" you ask, hoping it's someone you knew personally.

"that's the best part, emma's gonna be the featured guest," aksel smiles towards you, your face lighting up.

"no way!" you prop yourself up on the couch, overly excited that you'll be on a love or host where you can compete for your bestfriend with your boyfriend.

you did a love or host with emma and weston a few weeks ago, so you were surprised they invited you all again. this time emma was the featured guest, and you'd be on a team with weston.

"this is so exciting!" youre voice fills with enthusiasm, genuinely being over the moon excited for this.

"you're never this happy over a love or host," kalynn laughs with you, but you can tell she's also excited for it.

you catch weston's eyes, he gives you a warm smile at your excitement.

"you're good with having me as your partner right?" you ask him, knowing the answer but also not wanting to feel like you invited yourself.

"of course," he laughs, running his fingers through his overgrown hair.

"i'm calling emma!" you jump up from your seat on the couch, running into your room and facetiming her. you flop onto your bed, waiting for her to connect to the call.

"emma!"

weston's pov

kalynn went into her room a few minutes ago, and y/n has been on the phone with emma for about a half hour now. it's just me and aksel out here. i couldn't wipe the smile off of my face everytime i pictured how excited she got.

"you're really whipped, huh?" aksel's voice takes me out of my thoughts, a knowing smile spread across his face.

i get up from my spot on the couch, hopping on top of the kitchen counter next to him. "i like her a lot."