(Chapter 84)Soulmates have eachothers backs

(Chapter 84)
Soulmates have eachothers backs

~*~
Author POV

"We are concerned with the health of his wings" the nurse told the group. They watched as Yoongi comforted Jimin in the hospital room.

"They were damaged in the fire?" Taehyung pipes up.

"Yes and no." The nurse takes a deep breath. Trying to think of how best to word the truth, to hurt less.

"Then what?" Jin asked, impatient.

"We saw that he wore wing dye. Evidently it was to hide his true colours. But the duration of time he has worn it has taken a severe toll on his wings" the nurse said. Her voice heavy with guilt at seeing her patient in this state.

"How bad is it?" Hoseok piped up.

"Bad enough that we would like to take him into surgery for them" the nurse stated.

"Surgery?" Namjoon sounded worried.

"Yes, his wing feathers are unfortunately damaged beyond repair. They crumble at the slightest touch and if you were to stroke them they would fall out. The fire has only increased this. The wing dye is flammable, so Jimin's wings caught alight in that fire." The nurse informed them.

"Caught alight" Taehyung sounded horrified.

"Yes, we have him dosed up on heavy pain killers to try and nullify the pain he should be feeling right now." The nurse grimaced.

"Oh Jiminie" Jin sounded heartbroken. Eyes straying away from the nurse, to look at their mate being held so gently by Yoongi on the other side of the glass.

"What would the surgery entail?" Namjoon asked.

"We would need to remove all of his feathers. All the way down to the wing structure" the nurse revealed.

"All of them?" Jungkook asked, voice sounding far away.

"Yes" then the nurse sighed.

"Does Jimin know this?" Hoseok asked.

"Not as of yet, it is too risky putting him in surgery yet." The nurse told them.

"Risky how?" Namjoon questioned.

"Since his heart stopped only a few hours ago. It wasn't due to his injuries though. We consider it too much of a risk to put him in surgery again" the nurse continued.

"Not because of his injuries?" Jin asked. He looked confused and concerned.

"Jimin is an Omega. One who has suppressed it ever since his reveal it would seem. And then all of a sudden the disguise came off all at once and not under his own choice. His inner Omega believes that you as his mates will reject him so it put his body into shut down from the shock" the nurse revealed to them.