67

(Chapter 67)Happy birthday Min Yoongi

(Chapter 67)
Happy birthday Min Yoongi

~*~
Author POV

Yoongi lay on his desk groaning, his head was pounding. He had worked too late as usual, his exhaustion catching up with his body. Causing him to slump down where he had been sitting, face mushed against the keyboard, he knew that because he could see the keys outlined on his cheek where they had imprinted themselves. He rubbed at the red outlines willing them to go away.

He rubbed at his eyes without a second thought, really he was too tired to really stay awake even after his quick 30 minute power nap. He was like a phone battery when it sends a warning that the battery is about to run out and you are going to get stranded.

He got up from where he was sat, his muscles complained, bones popping and cracking as he moved. He winced, his wings were tense and it hurt. Like really hurt. He tried to shake them out to alleviate the tense but they only cramped, thankfully the apartment was only 10-15 minutes away so he could get there relatively quickly.

He looked down at his phone which felt like it had more charge on it than he had in his body.

He began the trudge home, shaking his wings out as he walked but taking care to pull them close into his body. He didn't like when people stared, it made him uncomfortable and reminded him of his childhood. He hated them all, his father who he had never shared a good relationship with. He never contacted him about the fact that the company were allowing the idol's parents to visit. He didn't want him to ruin the good thing he had found and wanted so badly to keep.

He hated the kids who used to pull out his wing feathers mocking them about the colour. It hadn't done well with his self esteem, he became closed off, aggressive even at one point. He wasn't proud of it, but the memories of his feathers falling to the playground floor made him lessen that feeling of guilt.

It was why he was so particular about his wings, why he allowed so few to touch them, he had never allowed anyone to groom his wings, not his father or his mother who had abandoned him at a young age. Before his wings had even begun to grow in.

Yet for Jimin he had risked all of this, fought past the mental block of the bullying he had faced from first school all the way to his graduation from high school. But for Jimin he had raised his wings completely to protect him from Jungkook, flew holding him allowed him to touch his wings. Cuddle with him.

All he knew was that he had fallen hard and fast for Jimin. So much that he had been working on the courtship gift he wished to present to the Beta. He knew if he was rejected that it would be a harsh blow to him, would wreck him entirely. He hoped Jimin would accept but then again another part of his mind provided that there were better Alpha's out there for the Beta. But he wanted to at least try rather than wondering for the rest of his life, 'what if'.