Reunion

**

Roseanne picks up the letters in front of their door and takes them inside. She slides off her shoes and shuffles through them. Walking into the kitchen she hands her girlfriend one of them. “Bills,” she simply says and leans against the kitchen counter going through the rest. When she reaches the last one, she freezes and swallows hard.

“You’re alright?” Lisa asks confused.

“Sure,” Roseanne just says and throws the letter unopened into the bin.

“Why did you-?”

“Because whatever it is, I won’t do it,” Roseanne answers and wants to leave the kitchen. She gets stopped by Lisa who lies down the bills and grabs her by the wrist irritated.

“What’s going on?” she asks softly and gets up as well.

“Nothing,” Roseanne mumbles and looks down at the floor. “I need a shower,” she says and frees herself of Lisa’s grip going upstairs quickly.

Lisa stays still for a moment, confused about what’s going on, then she walks to the bin and takes out the letter. Seeing the logo of Roseanne’s high school, she can understand her defensive reaction. She walks upstairs and sits down in the comfortable armchair standing in their bedroom. Lisa plays with the letter in her hands and thinks about what to say.

Roseanne dressed up in sweatpants and Lisa’s sweater and looks at herself in the mirror. She is kind of curious what’s the letter about but she also doesn’t want to read it. This place is full of dark memories. She takes a deep breath and steps out of the bathroom seeing Lisa with the letter. “Please don’t,” she says.

“You don’t even know what it’s about-” Lisa tries but Roseanne cuts her off by slamming the bathroom door closed.

“I don’t have to,” she growls harshly and walks over to the window opening it and letting some fresh air inside.

“What if it’s to talk about bullying to younger kids? I mean you just opened up about this part of your past a few weeks ago to the public,” Lisa speaks and Roseanne turns around slowly.

“What should I tell them?” she asks low voiced, “That things never get better, that this stuff fucks you up and that you’ll feel shit about it all of your life?”

“Tell them the truth,” Lisa says.

“That is the truth. I feel like shit about myself because it’s still in my head,” Roseanne grumbles and folds her arms in front of her chest. She doesn’t like where this talk is going. She doesn’t want Lisa to know how extremely fucked up she still is because of this.

Lisa gets up and shakes her head, “Love, calm down, I don’t wanna make you angry, okay?” she tries and Roseanne relaxes a bit. “You can talk about what damage it causes people to get bullied and how to get help. I know you didn’t, but it’s possible,” she can see Roseanne trying to get away from this talk and softly takes her hands into hers, “You can show them that such things can make you stronger.”

“I dunno,” Roseanne just sighs and shakes her head. Lisa hands her the letter and Roseanne watches it, a bit disgusted for a moment before opening it. She reads through it and feels herself getting sick. “No, no, no, I won’t do that,” she says and shakes her head furiously. She shoves it to Lisa and sits down in the armchair, caught up in thoughts.