Gauss, Dogs And Sleepovers

**

Lisa sighed. It had been a short but boring day, and she was glad to be home. Minnie had been stuck with an appendectomy, and had been in a bad mood because of that all day. Lisa herself had been stuck in the ER all day together with Jennie. Meaning that she had had to listen to Jennie talking about Jisoo this and Jisoo that all day. She turned the key and entered the house.

"Chaeng? Chaeng? Where are you?" Some muffled sounds were coming from the living room. It sounded like two people were fighting. Lisa froze for a second, then she ran into the living room to find Chaeyoung. Fighting. With their dog. Hank.

"Oh, Jeesh, come on Hank! We've done this so many times before, do you really have to choose the day that I'm not feeling well to stop cooperating?" Chaeyoung was lying on top of the dog on the floor, trying to bandage the dog's leg. Chaeyoung was trying to stick her head under Hank's head so that she would be able to get to the leg, but that was quite impossible.

"Umm, Baby? I'm home." Chaeyoung looked up at Lisa, bewildered.

"You wanna help me out down here?" Lisa chuckled at the sight. The top-class neonatal surgeon on the floor, on top of a dog.

Their dog had a bit of a licking issue. She licked practically everything. The walls, the windowsills, the bed, everything. But what she liked to lick most, was Chaeyoung's face. Not that she liked nor approved that. She had put up with the dog because Lisa had wanted one so badly. Of course, Chaeyoung liked the dog, she just didn't want her face covered in dog saliva.

The licking disorder was also the reason why Chaeyoung had banned the dog from their bed. Last weekend, however, Hank had climbed on their bed. Chaeyoung and Lisa had slept in the guestroom for that night.

The main reason why Chaeyoung and Lisa had been wrapping the dog's leg, was that otherwise the wound wouldn't heal. The other reason was that, if they didn't do it, Hank would chew on the wound, and things would get messy.

So, Lisa put her bag on a chair, along with her jacket, and lowered herself to the floor. Chaeyoung looked fatigued.

"Honey, how many times have you been trying this today?" Chaeyoung sighed.

"This is the umpteenth, I guess."

"Okay, you hold her head out of the way, and I'll wrap the leg." Chaeyoung nodded and moved towards Hank's head. After four tries, she finally got hold of the dog, and gently moved her so that Lisa could start 'operating'.

"Okay… Bandage, right here… Neosporin… Soft Gauss… Tape… Wait. Where's the tape? Chaeng?" Chaeyoung looked blank.

"I don't know… Wait, it's on the kitchen counter. Uh-oh." Lisa sunk to the floor, carefully, so that she didn't lose hold of the bandage. Just as Chaeyoung was ready to give in, someone entered the house. After a few seconds, Alice entered the room.

"Lisa? Chaeyoung? What are you guys doing on top of Hank?" Lisa chuckled.

"Alice, right on time. We're trying to wrap Hank's leg. Could you get the tape from the kitchen counter?"

"Sure…" Alice hesitantly went to the kitchen and returned with the tape.

"Great, thanks Unnie," Chaeyoung said.

"Yeah… I was just coming in to tell you that Ashley, Jisoo, Hyeri and I were going out for dinner, and Jisoo sent me here to ask if you guys wanted to come along." Lisa had just put tape, sticky Gauss and more tape on the wound, and Hank was good to go. Chaeyoung let go of the dog and collapsed into Lisa's arms.

"Well, I'd like to, but I think Chaeyoung's on the verge of collapsing."

"Oh, Lisa, you can go. What's keeping Ella and Jake, by the way?"

"Jake's staying at Ryan's, remember? And Ella went to Joy's sleepover after school, remember that? I still have to drop off her sleeping bag and bag." Chaeyoung nodded.

"So why don't you get some sleep, and I'll drop everything off…" Lisa said.

"I can do it, if you want. Ally's also there , I'm going to pick her up, I might as well take Jake's stuff with me," Alice offered.

"Really? Thanks, Alice." Lisa said. Chaeyoung smiled at her sister.

"Thanks Unnie"

"So, where's the stuff?" Alice said, chuckling.

"Go to bed, Chaeng," Lisa said, and took Alice to Ella's room, where her bag was.

In Ella's room, Alice asked: "So, you're staying with Chaeyoung?" Lisa nodded.

"Yeah. I think she's got the flu, or something. I'd better not leave her all by herself. So, umm, I'll take a rain check?" Alice smiled.

"Yeah. Take care of my sister. So, this is everything?" Lisa nodded.

"Okay, then I'll get going. Bye, Lisa." Lisa hugged her sister-in-law and Alice left.

Lisa took her scrubs off and donned a t-shirt. She entered their bedroom and slipped under the covers, next to a literally very hot Chaeyoung Park-Manoban.

"Sweetie, I think you're getting sick. You've got a fever." Chaeyoung huffed.

"No, really?" Lisa brushed some of Chaeyoung's sweaty hair away and kissed her forehead.

"Go to sleep, Chaeng."

"But…"

"Go to sleep. I'm staying here with you. Go to sleep."

Lisa could feel and hear how Chaeyoung went to sleep. When she was absolutely sure that Chaeyoung was asleep, she rested her head in the crook of her wife's neck and tried to get some sleep herself. After all, with two kids, a cat and a dog with a licking disorder, there weren't many peaceful days in the Park-Manoban household. But that just happened to be what they loved about their family.

**

Ctto :)