The Engagement - II

Roseanne waits near the check-in terminals with her emerald green luggage set at her side, thumbing away at the touch screen of her phone. She is finishing last minute emails, and clearing the schedule for the rest of the weekend.

She'd just finished an "away" message to automatically reply to anyone who emails Lisa or herself for the next three days, making sure their clients are assured that they will get back to them come Tuesday.

She is wearing slim fit dark grey sweatpants, and comfortable slip on shoes with warm socks. Her long sleeved shirt is black and has a high neckline, and she has on a light knit grey belted coat with a high collar.

Her makeup is subtler than at work and she has opted for skin care that will get her through the drying air of their flight. She has also forgotten a pencil in her hair, which she has tied in a low bun.

It is six twenty five when she spots Lisa, and finds herself unsurprised by the fashionable way her boss, and fiancée, has chosen to dress.

High waisted trousers and a floral blouse, high heeled leather boots and a moderately thick long brown knit cardigan. She's wearing her hair down. Roseanne thinks Lisa might end up being a little cold, if not a little uncomfortable later on in their travels.

They're both still wearing their rings.

"Let's go get our bags checked, shall we?" Lisa says, and strolls off ahead of her.

--

Their first flight is six hours from New York to Seattle. The first class seats are spacious and comfortable with plenty of arm room. Lisa and Roseanne have been working, on only outstanding assignments that they could handle completely in-house. No calls or emails.

After a few hours Roseanne had put her work away and dozed off. She wakes with a little over two hours left in their flight. She glances at Lisa, still working beside her, and slips a list on two pages out of her bag, glancing at it.

"You should take a break." Roseanne says quietly, and Lisa looks up, she hadn't noticed that Roseanne had woken.

"Oh- you're up."

Roseanne nods and hands Lisa the list. "You should look at these. They're sample questions for the assessment interview."

Lisa looks over the list, closing her laptop. "These are a bit silly."

"I know." Roseanne smiles, giving a breath of a laugh.

"Favourite colour?" Lisa begins.

"Blue."

"Hobbies and interests? - I can guess. Reading? Writing?"

Roseanne smiles, amused. "Yeah. I also do crossfit."

"That's a hobby?"

Roseanne shrugs.

"What... what colour are you eyes?" Lisa looks at Roseanne who leans in against the arm rest to allow Lisa to take a look.

Lisa looks, first observing, but then getting caught up in an intense eye contact with her. Roseanne makes her own observations, and her gaze flickers briefly to Lisa's lips before she raises a brow and leans back in her seat.