Cinderella (3)

**

Lisa sat alone on her couch pouting, a pint of ice cream curled against her chest and a corny movie on her TV screen. Unsurprisingly, neither thing were doing much to improve her mood, and she sighed, frustrated and disappointed in herself that she had messed up her meeting with Roseanne Park so badly. She looked to her phone when it vibrated twice in quick succession, the messages popping up on her lock screen.

Jennie: Heads up I gave Roseanne Park your phone number

Roseanne: Hello Ms. Manoban, it is Roseanne Park. Jennie Kim gave me your number. I hope you don't mind me texting you.

Lisa's eyes went wide. She picked up the phone, fumbling it briefly before she finally got a hold of it in her free hand. She texted Jennie first.

Lisa: WHY

Lisa opened her mouth and closed it like a fish. She shrugged and quickly replied to Roseanne.

Lisa: Hi

Lisa winced and her phone buzzed.

Jennie: You grilled her, she was pissed, she asked for your number

Lisa again opened and closed her mouth like a fish.

Lisa: She was mad at me and wanted my phone number and you gave it to her?!

She hit send at the same time her phone buzzed. She navigated to the other window.

Roseanne: I owe you an apology, Ms. Manoban, for my behavior this morning.

"What?" Lisa said aloud.

Roseanne: I was having a rough time of things and took it out on you. I'm sorry.

"What, no, you were-" Lisa cut herself off, realizing she was talking to herself. She put her pint of ice cream on the coffee table and took the phone in both hands.

Lisa: No apology necessary, I was nervous and obviously asked the wrong questions. If anyone should apologize it should be me.

She waited and her phone buzzed again.

Roseanne: I was wondering if we could meet, talk a little, off the record? Get the interview back on track.

Lisa quickly replied.

Lisa: Yes, any time

She rolled her eyes when her phone buzzed again and she navigated to the window.

Jennie: YOU say no to Roseanne Park!!!!!

Lisa quickly sent Jennie a heart emoji, and when no other messages immediately followed, she leaned forward and picked up her ice cream. She popped a bite in her mouth and then looked to her phone when it buzzed.

Roseanne: Are you doing anything tonight?

Lisa's eyes opened wide, the spoon held tightly between her lips. She looked down at her pajamas and picked up her phone.

Lisa: Nope. What did you have in mind?

***

Roseanne replied that she was still unfamiliar with National City, having only just moved to the city, and asked Lisa for a recommendation for where they could meet. Lisa suggested Noonan's, and they agreed to meet a half an hour later. Roseanne insisted that Lisa come dressed casual. It was just two people meeting for a cup of coffee and some conversation.

Lisa tried on four different outfits before deciding on dark skinny jeans, a striped shirt and pink cardigan. She showed up at Noonan's, and before she could even look around the restaurant, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned and her jaw dropped. Roseanne was wearing her hair down, and was casually dressed in a navy blue dress and baby blue coat. Lisa cleared her throat as she adjusted her glasses, trying to regain some composure. Roseanne Park was still absolutely gorgeous.