Cops And Robbers

**

Chaeyoung honestly couldn’t believe her luck.

She was promoted just after her wedding.

Her wedding where she married Lisa Manoban; known crime boss in New York.

Except no one knows.

Everyone knows she got married, the ring on her finger proves that. But her reputation for being private usually precedes her.

Ever since she joined the force she had one day hoped to become Chief of Police. And now that it’d happened, there was one minor issue.

Somewhere between being a beat cop and Sergeant she fell in love with Lisa Manoban. She’d been the lead detective on the elusive criminal mastermind for years. Had been following her as her gang grew stronger and bigger.

Yet Manoban was always ahead of her. Just a little.

And so she was never caught.

Well that’s a lie. She was caught, and sent to prison for quite a few years but not for being a mob boss.

She got busted on a technicality.

One that Chaeyoung had lorded over her forever since she’d slapped the cuffs on her.

She guess she shouldn’t have visited the boss everyday when she was in prison. In Chaeyoung’s defence, she was after information on the gangs workings.

Chaeyoung did not expect Lisa to be… well… human.

Lisa had also been adamant that she’d never killed anything more than a spider. But as Chaeyoung pointed out, just because she didn’t pull the trigger didn’t mean she wasn’t responsible.

Yet when Lisa had been released, things had changed.

Everytime Chaeyoung went to interview Lisa, they would flirt. More so than when there was an orange jumpsuit involved. It was like they couldn’t help themselves.

And then one night Lisa had kissed her.

----

The rest resulted in what might be considered mild corruption.

Mild in the fact Chaeyoung would arrest every damn member of the mob… just not Lisa.

Lisa had complained at every arrest.

“But Jisoo’s like... such a good friend.” Lisa whispered against the column of Chaeyoung’s neck.

“Babe she was caught with like… a bag of rifles. I can’t exactly ignore that.” Chaeyoung argued, her fingers digging into Lisa’s back.

“You could…” Lisa grumbled.

“And you could shut up.”

----

Chaeyoung was pulled from her musings when Ashley burst through her office door.

“Diaz got a line on Manoban, got a meeting down at the docks.” Chaeyoung groaned, Lisa had mentioned she had some work but Chaeyoung had hoped it wouldn’t pop up on her radar.