Collecting Smiles

**

Chaeyoung had grown in love with Lisa ever since their first date less than six months beforehand. She could not identify a single moment when it happened but at some point, Lisa had become a central part of her world. Chaeyoung was shocked by how much she had come to need her. Lisa's rare smiles had come to mean the world to her. Chaeyoung especially treasured those she knew she had brought to Lisa's face herself.

On her way home she picked up a box of Lisa's favorite chocolates and a bouquet of flowers in the hopes of being gifted another and dropped them off with Jenny at the apartment they shared. Chaeyoung thought to herself and wished she could hold on to those smiles every time she saw one. As though somehow she could grab hold and hide it in her pocket. Chaeyoung had to wonder if Lisa ever felt the same way. She honestly had no idea.

"Hey babe, a little bird told me you would be getting out right about now." Chaeyoung said as Lisa came towards her car where Chaeyoung leaned, seeming completely relaxed despite her racing heartbeat.

"Was that bird's name Jisoo by any chance?" Lisa suggested, one of her half-smirks creeping up the side of her mouth.

Chaeyoung was something of a fan of these as well. They were more common than Lisa's true smiles, and before they had gotten together had driven her insane. Chaeyoung could detect the amusement and snark that drove them, but there was a hint of dishonesty that drove it. This was not the smile Chaeyoung was looking for, but she wasn't done yet.

"It might have been, but you know I'll never tell." Chaeyoung teased. "Your classes are over for the day, right? Come home with me?"

There was something soft and vulnerable in Chaeyoung's eyes that told Lisa she would regret it if she said no. She had come to love the other woman and was amazed by the way those brown eyes had an odd skill to warm her heart. Lisa took Chaeyoung's hand and followed with a soft kiss on the blonde's cheek. She had come to adore Chaeyoung in a way she didn't know she was capable of. Chaeyoung had really done a number on her.

Lisa didn't know what to expect when Chaeyoung opened the door to the apartment. For once none of her roommates were in. The coffee table that usually occupied most of the living room floor space had been cleared away and replaced with a blanket, a vase of flowers and a tray of cheese, crackers, and olives.

"We've both been working so hard and had such long hours lately, it feels like forever since I've seen you, and even longer since I've seen you smile, Lisa." Chaeyoung said, offering up a soft smile. It brought a quirk of a smile to Lisa's lips as well.

"Is this all for me? When did you have time to set this up?" Lisa asked still looking quite astonished at the spread as Chaeyoung led Lisa to sit at the big fluffy blanket.

"I can't take all of the credit, I guess. I recruited Jennie to do the set up while I picked up the chocolates and flowers. It was all my idea, though." Chaeyoung said in her most charming tone of voice. "I was very specific about how I wanted this all to look."

"How very sweet of you, love." Lisa took a cracker and cheese to munch on as she leaned back against a pile of pillows. She smiled back at Chaeyoung and the blonde felt that need to keep those smiles and treasure them.

Acting purely on instinct, Chaeyoung surged forward and kissed the smile just as it began to form.

"What was that for?" Lisa asked when Chaeyoung finally released her, confusion passing across her face.

"Ah, no particular reason. I just love you a lot, is all." Chaeyoung seemed very pleased with herself and Lisa wasn't completely certain why but decided to sit back and enjoy it nonetheless.

"I love you too, Chaeyoung Park." Lisa says sincerely, brown eyes glittering. "I didn't forget a date or anniversary we had planned did I?"

"No, no, I had just noticed how stressed you were and we were both getting and how we hadn't had any alone time as of late. I figured this was something we had earned." Chaeyoung shrugged it off.

"You're too good to me." Lisa said, still getting comfortable in her pillow pile and drew Chaeyoung into her side as she enjoyed the selection of snacks they had available.

"I could never be too good to you. You deserve all of the good." Chaeyoung settles comfortably into Lisa's side as the other woman started to laugh in earnest.

"You would say that." Lisa continued to chuckle. She startled when Chaeyoung leaned in to kiss her long and softly again. This time she responded with a hand to hold Chaeyoung's cheek and enjoyed the moment. "You know, I still have no clue what is going on, but I'm going to let it go." Lisa shrugged, grinned and allowed Chaeyoung to push her down to kiss again, chocolates and snacks forgotten.

--

Ctto