Basketball

**

It was the finals. The team had made it this year and they really thought they had the chance to win. Lisa began warming up and doing laps around the court while her teammates did some passing and shooting drills. She would join them when she finished her tenth lap around the court. She had been doing this routine all season so if she stopped now they would blame her if they lost. Athletes can be very supersitiuson. Even couch Bobby would count the laps to make sure she did ten, no more no less or it could thrown off the perfect balance they have created. When she finished she stopped to catch her breath before joining in the drill. They hadn’t missed a basket yet and it was sure to be an omen of a good game.

Her heart skipped a beat as she heard the buzzer ring out, signifying that the game would be starting soon. The team huddled up quickly and took a knee before Couch Bobby, everyone ready to hear what wisdom his had to bestow on them.

“Get out there! And Win! And have fun doing it!

It was more of a command than anything else but it got all the players psyched up. They brought their hand in and screamed “Blackpink!” Before they ran off to their positions. Lisa was starting and in the tip off. She stood as tall as she could against her opponent, Seulgi's Team. As she did so she heard a voice in the crowd and looked over, seeing the thick blonde girl in the 1st row yelling out her name.

Lisa’s heart skipped a beat but she reminded herself that she had a game to play and win. As the captain of the team she could not let her peers down by getting distracted by a cute girl.

The game started and Lisa was able to tip the ball to her teammate Jisoo who gained control of it and passed it back to Lisa who made a three point shot. Her team went willed but Bobby yelled at her to stay focused which was getting harder and harder as Chaeyoung was distracting her from the action on the court. Chaeyoung had even brought a sign with Lisa’s name written all of it which she held up as she shouted profanities at the other team.

Lisa had no choice but to act annoyed with her to stay focused when all she really wanted to do was leave the game entirely to be with Chaeyoung. As she heard the refs whistle she decided she would make it up to Chaeyoung when they had won the game.

They were ahead by ten points with only a two minutes left, Chaeyoung’s screeching had only made Lisa play harder to make her girl proud. This was the hardest she had played all season and anyone who had watched her could see that.

As she dribbled the ball the the opposing basket Irene pushed her over causing a foul for the team. Lisa brushed it off, knowing that she would be able to get these two baskets easily, but also seeing that with the time remaining if she missed even one it would be enough room for the Red Velvet team to make a comeback.

The players lined up on each side of her as she bounced then bounced the ball again, waiting for the right moment. As the crowd silenced she only heard Chaeyoung’s voice and looked over at her as she screamed

“LISAAAA!  IF YOU MAKE THESE BASKETS YOU ARE GOING TO BE ONE LUCKY GIRL TONIGHT!” Lisa smirked as she easily made both baskets. Nothing but net.

----------

© idontcarewhatbonniethinks