C H A P T E R F O R T Y - N I N E.

Get ready for things to unfold a bit 🙃

Y/n Pov.

Bella: "Everything seems to be unfolding according to plan," She spoke finishing up her food.

I invited our friends over along with Gigi's family since a lot has been happening recently. My company was doing great and questions have been asked about why I left the company I had with James and Damon but I didn't comment on it.

I didn't want unnecessary drama and media twisting my words.

Gigi: "It is..." She mumbled cradling the small bump that was showing more and more each day. 

Yolanda: "How did your employees and your boss take the news?" She asked sitting back in the chair.

Gigi: "They took it well and they're happy for me. But as expected, they didn't want me to strain myself so they cut some things from my schedule," She explained with a small frown.

Y/n: "I know you don't like that babe but it is for the best, you have to be careful." I kissed her temple and smiled at her.

Gigi: "I know," She mumbled with a sigh. "I want ice cream," I chuckled with the others and got up from my seat, walking to the kitchen with my plate and hers. 

Bella helped me clean up the table and bring out the dessert for the night, I dished some ice cream for Gigi and set it down in front of her before taking my seat.

Kendall: "Does Y/n always give you what you want?" She teased seeing her friend eat the ice cream I brought out for her.

Abel: "I think so," He chuckled making Gigi roll her eyes.

Gigi: "She's just being a good girlfriend," She mumbled going back to eating.

Vanessa: "Mhmm sure, that's the only reason she's doing it." She smirked making me chuckle and shake my head.

Anwar: "Ew! Next subject," She cringed looking at me. "Have you heard from James and Damon?" I rolled my eyes. 

Y/n: "I have..." I mumbled thinking back to the phone call I had with James yesterday.

*Flashback*

James: "I-I'm sorry! You have to help us!" He begged making me smile, feeling oddly satisfied.

Y/n: "I thought you didn't need me," I replied plainly, flipping through some contracts. 

James: " I lied! The company is sinking and we're losing business! Y/n, you have to help us! We're fam-"

Y/n: "I'd stop myself there if I were you," I cut him off and sat up in my chair, "We're not family. You made that very clear with your son. You never treated me like your daughter so I don't consider you my father. Just because we're blood, doesn't mean I owe you anything. Loyalty works both ways so if you're drowning, like I knew you would, you should figure it out for yourself." I spoke trying to keep myself calm.

James: "You can't be that heartless," I laughed and licked my lips.

Y/n: "The business world is often heartless. And I'm not like this with other people, just you. Enjoy whatever is left of your company, James." I cut the call and sat back in my chair getting back to work.

*End Of Flashback*

Kylie: "He really expected you to help them? After all the shit they said?" I sighed.

Y/n: "They probably think that I need them but I don't. I have my own company, I have a girlfriend, I'm going to be having a kid, I have to focus on that. I can't have them involved in my life because they made me feel so...weak." I muttered towards the end, "I don't want to feel like that again and I don't want Gigi or my baby around that." I stated firmly.