Despite the fact that he wasn't dressed properly, he exuded a scholarly aura. Even the most snobbish person understood that he had to treat scholars with respect, let alone a wealthy one. The shopkeeper greeted Xu Ran with reverence right away, "Yes, this way please, sir. There are many superior clothes in our shop."

Xu Ran was led inside by the shopkeeper. When Xu Ran discovered that all of the clothes inside were not particularly attractive. They were all mandarin duck designs, which were complicated but not particularly appealing. He didn't like them and frowned as he asked the shopkeeper, "Mister, just these styles? Is there a variety of styles?"

The shopkeeper couldn't tell whether Xu Ran couldn't afford these clothes or just didn't like them or not, but he still took him to see the other two dresses.

Clouds were embroidered on one side, while winter plums were embroidered on the other. Xu Ran liked their designs as well as the embroidery. He had no idea what the rules were for wearing these wedding gowns, and he couldn't care less. Anyway, it was just a form, so he made his decision right away.

"What is the price of these two?"

Apart from anything else, these two wedding dresses were larger than the ordinary ones, and neither of them seemed to be suitable for a Ge'er to wear.

Despite his surprise at Xu Ran's decision, the shopkeeper did not inquire further and simply said, "Sir, these two dresses were made to order for someone, but no one showed up to pick them up after the deadline. That is why I have started selling them now. In this case, I am able to give you a lower price. Simply pay me 30 silver taels!"

Most people thought that it was not worth 30 taels on the wedding dresses that would be worn only once. More importantly, most families could not afford it.

Xu Ran thought, 'My 30 mu of wasteland is just worth 60 taels.'

The wedding dresses were prohibitively costly. He didn't want to pay too much for a pig in a poke, so he began haggling about the price. Finally, he spent 20 taels on these two wedding gowns. He went on to buy other items later, because there was no money left from the chili paste in the pack basket he had brought today. Xu Ran had no idea that every step he made had been watched by others.

Xu Ran wanted to return home because it was late, but he needed to stop by Zhuo Yun first. In his pack basket, he still had a tube of chili paste reserved for Zhuo Yun. Xu Ran wanted to establish a positive relationship with Zhuo Yun, so he paid close attention to him and kept him in mind at all times.

Just arriving at the door of the seed shop, Xu Ran saw Zhuo Yun coming from other side of the way. They looked at each other, both considering it as a coincidence.

Zhuo Yun quickly took a couple of steps forward, "Brother Xu, what brings you here?"

"I'm in the town to buy some stuff and drop by. By the way, I've got something for you." Speaking of this, Xu Ran put down the pack basket and took the bamboo tube out, giving it to Zhuo Yun.

Zhuo Yun took it over and examined it, but found nothing unusual, so he looked at Xu Ran puzzled. Xu Ran smiled "It's nothing special; it's just some chili paste that my spouse and I made. Give it a shot and let me know what you think."

"Thanks, Brother Xu. Spicy food is my spouse's favorite." Zhuo Yun thanked Xu Ran with a smile. He was so happy for the chili paste might be able to bring him a smile from his love which he hadn't seen for many years.

Xu Ran had nothing to do with this but send the chili paste, and he was about to leave when Zhuo Yun took it. "Mr. Zhuo, I have something to deal with at home and gotta go now," Xu Ran said as he waved goodbye to Zhuo Yun.