Page 23

Sariffall puts his hands up defensively, prompting an eye roll from Ragela as she turns her hulking body back to her cave, her frame disappearing into the darkness soon after; and soon after again Sariffall turns back to Rose to find her huddled on the floor weeping.

    "Give me a break..." Rose mutters to herself quietly- Sariffall fidgeting in place awkwardly. The trend of tense silence makes its presence known once more; but for only a short time it remains as Rose quickly stands to her feet - perhaps too quickly, for she wobbles for a moment - and turns her eyes to look at Sariffall proudly. Or at least as proudly as she can manage to make herself appear.

    "I-I have changed my mind! I wish to go home, now!" she declares with as much dignity as she can muster; and with a huff and a turn she marches towards the edge. Though once more she shows her inability to learn as she again walks straight off the edge; but she is caught by Sariffall who, at this point, expects it.

    It would seem she expected it as well, for upon being caught she glares at Sariffall rather hostally. He brings his finger up in front of her and sets her down to his side; and, with her arms crossed, she waits a moment as instructed as he walks over to the large pile of redwood chunks he had chopped during her prolonged panic attack.

    She watches as he lifts nerely a dozen of the large pieces of dense wood over his shoulder like a pile of feathers, and walks back over to her. But, to her surprise, he chucks the entire pile of wooden slabs over the cliffside; and an uneasy feeling forces its way to the summit of her gut as he picks her up suddenly. She barely has a moment to let out a short-lived scream as he jumps off the edge with her in arms.

    They plummet through the sky, ground quickly fading into view as she screams and writhes in his grip; but to little effect as he simply holds her in place, falling towards the ground fast enough to break sound. His armor protects both of them from the scorching heat caused from the rapid descent, however. Though, with the forest floor growing closer every second, getting burned is the least of her troubles.