Page 7

{𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 2}

    The eyes of baby birds newly opened from night passing lay on the rather perturbed Sariffall. With him having lived in the forest for dozens of generations, many creatures of the expansive vega, forested by Redwoods, have become relatively attached to him; so seeing him in such a state, with an animal's keen senses not mentioned, puts them on edge as well.

    Still so they look on from a distance as he ambles through the hills and trees. The forest landscape has long since been made familiar to him; for having spent centuries in its maze of wood and soil, it was of no rash suggestion to say he had roamed this path enough to satisfy ten human lifetimes.

    The trees sway in the Autumn breeze as the aforementioned human village finally fades into view. It stands larger than he had expected, and this showed in his posture. A moment of overwhelming excitement rushes through his veins, yet juxtaposed with an equal bolt of anxiety; though both emotions result the same in his now somewhat shaky knees.

    Unlike the peaceful atmosphere of the Fandelon woods, the village people scurry around in unrest. And though many of them bear cheerful energy, the sudden noise flooding his ears like a tidal wave after so many silent moons sends Sariffall stumbling back for a moment. But for only a moment it remains as he quickly regains his composure and, with a weary first step, he breaches the village boundaries.

    Though loud and chaotic, the surrounding air of the settlement remains relatively joyful. Many a village native skipping along the dirt roads;, others opening the door to their modest peasant homes to greet their family, and more simply adventuring through its streets as a means to entertain themselves.