Page 15

{𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 3}

    Several long and tense moments pass as the red haired girl peeks from her shelter behind the fallen Redwood tree. Her eyes meet with the lush grove of forest plant life and vegetation, but no sign Sariffall remains. Which ques her to let out a relieved sigh- she stands to her feet soon after, allowing her body to relax.

    Safe at last - or so she believes - she turns her frame around with the intent of fleeing the scene unscathed, only to be immediately met with Sariffall's helm inches from her face.

    She stumbles back, tripping over her own feet as she falls to the ground frightened. She lets out a yelp of surprise. Though with no intent to harm the girl, nor any intent to frighten her, Sariffall slowly approaches with curiosity. She backs away quickly. She kicks at the ground and backs up frantically at his approach. Fear envelops her mind as it races for an escape, desperately clawing and pounding at the wall blocking her sense of reasoning. She curses her inability to stay calm. And yet her mind may tear itself open in terror, it leaves room for a sense of confusion as Sariffall awkwardly holds out a hand to her.

    She pauses for a moment. Stiff with doubt and suspicion as she decides to wearily take his offer. She reaches up and allows him to grab hold of her hand and lift her back to her feet. His head tilts in both confusion and curiosity. Strange he may appear, the girl calms slightly. They gaze into each other's eyes, or she gazes into Sariffall's helm rather, as silence overtakes them completely. Until, finally, the stiff air closing in on their lungs is sliced through by Sariffall as he abruptly loses interest, turning his body to the side and stepping towards the forest without another word- the girl is left speechless.

    "Wha-" the woman begins in disbelief. "Excuse me!?" she continues, puffing out her cheeks and stomping her foot defiantly, "Who the hell do you think you are!?!?"

    Sariffall pauses, glancing over his shoulder from the sudden volume as her face begins to burn red from both embarrassment and annoyance. "You can't do that and just leave!!! Are you kidding me!?!?" Sariffall tilts his head slightly in confusion as she stops towards him.