Page 18

Sariffall gives a final cautious glance as all traces of the hag vanish into thin air. Yet gone the hag may be, the instant Sariffall released his grip from Rose's mouth she screams out in fear, "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?!?"

She frantically jumps to her feet, staggering over her own feet and momentum. But her question is left unanswered as Sariffall's wandering continues.

The look in Rose's eyes tells all of her frustration and confusion. Little is this frustration channeled - outside of a roaring inner rant tributed to the armored man in front of her - however; for fear of being left behind she storms off after him quickly. Only closer she grows as the memory of the monster she just witnessed burns anxiety and paranoia into her mind. Not a moment of their journey passes forward without her eyes being locked in every direction.

Though through her frantic observation she finally spots the likely destination of her less than hospitable escort. A row of foreboding mountain ranges lines the horizon facing them, and for another moment her eyes are opened wide at the mystical sight.

Rose had seen the Vamnir mountains many times before, but had never strayed near enough to capture their full picture. From this fact a part of her begins to develop a semblance of excitement at the thought of approaching them.

The alps in the distance stretch above the clouds and even further as they finally, after hours of traveling, reach the rocky wall marking its base. Though when Rose stops to look up at their stone foundations, Sariffall instantly grips onto the jagged face and begins scaling the vertical surface, leaving her stranded.

Her eyes light up with confused annoyance as she stares at his accent in disbelief, her reactions slowed from the long hike until she finally snaps out of her faze, "Wait you expect me to climb this!? Are you crazy!?!?" she shouts out to him.

Sariffall gives no reaction, to be expected at this point. So with a pout and huff she grips onto one of the protruding rocks lining the steep edge. And, with a moment of hesitation, she hoists herself up one rock at a time. Of course Sariffall neglects to slow down for even a moment, forcing Rose to more or less guess the direction she's supposed to be heading. Perhaps her nightmares soon to come will consist of heights in absence of the hag encountered prior.