Page 19

Whatever the case - against even her own expectations - she finally emerges onto a large open platform sticking out of the mountains side. But, as to be expected once again, Sariffall had reached its edge long before as he sits atop one of his many hand-made woodsmithing stations from before.

    "Is this your home?" she questions, looking around the abnormally flat piece of stone and marble landmass jutting out from the range of sierras. But of course, she is ignored.

    "Stop ignoring me!" she shouts with nettle. But still he ignores her. And with a huff she walks the cliffs edge and peers over, knees shaking from her phobia of heights. To her horror, the ground doesn't stare back. Rather, it doesn't show itself at all. Instead she sees nothing but clouds, and far are the clouds down to top off her anxiety. Even the once calming sound of birds chirping on their perches fuels her weak knees as she now barely hears its remnants far, far below her.

    Though her fear may grow she fights her body and manages to pull herself back over the ledge without falling off- a rather large feat for her. Even if much source for this strength comes from her rising curiosity at the many decorative wooden ornaments scattered across the marble land in piles organized with convenience in mind.

    "Did you make all of this...?" her high-class facade fades into a tone filled with a hint of impressment at his crafting ability. However this miniscule admiration comes devoid of manners as she picks up a bejeweled wood-stringed necklace lying on the ground- Sariffall doesn't seem to mind.

    *Rumble*

    The ground shakes beneath them, small cracks forming in the rocky foundation Rose is standing on. She breaks down. Her panic, rising rapidly as the shaking grows more intense with each passing moment, accelerates upon hearing the sound of a world splitting earthquake as it falls onto her back like the weight of the ocean flooding into a sea atop her shoulders. And with the muscle in her body trembling from the force alone, she stares helplessly at the crevice - carved into the very mountain before her - births a dragon from its black prison.