Page 20

Sweat flows from every pour, puddling at her fear. Meanwhile, Ragela lets out a deep yawn. But to the frightened Rose this simple yawn only further knocks the wind from her throat; for the guttural, monstrous sound that dominates all other sounds that may wish to be heard is all her mind allows her to focus on.

    Ragela, in turn, stares the poor girl down, her eyes wide in perhaps more shock than Rose's very own. Eyes darting back and forth between Sariffall and Rose as if she were trapped in a dream, she drops her jaw. Sariffall, of course, gives no reaction, and continues working on a new little trinket unimpaired and undisturbed. Rose is not granted such a luxury.

    Hour pass, or moments. To the both of Ragela and Rose to each its own for time in this instant leaves itself irrelevant. More so they stare, perplexed and distressed for reasons so different they share common those base emotions only. And yet they lock eyes the same.

    Thankfully this moment does pass, however. Though it is interrupted only by Rose putting to use her practice learned before in the forest- that being running for her life. Run she does. But Ragela doesn't chase like the bandits had priority. Merely she continues to stand in awe at the fact Sariffall actually brought a girl home.

    To Ragela's near dismay, however, Rose foolishly throws her chin back to observe if the dragon had begun pursuit, and in doing so her foot finds itself lacking ground to stand on. Her eyes soon follow and a scream she lets out at the sight of clouds.

    Thankfully Sariffall appears from thin air to her rescue. He catches her collar, his humor showing ever so slight as he leaves her dangling in the air over the cliffside for several - to Rose - long and agonizing moments. Yet, despite being saved, adrenaline forces her scream to continue.