Page 8

The people of the village were much more inviting than Sariffall had initially expected. An odd glace from the occasional passerby sparks a moment of anxiousness, before being quelled by the following smiles that radiate with welcome; their simple displays of courtesy aid comfort to grow nearer by moment to his rapidly beating heart.

    Curiosity and wonder guides Sariffall's steps through the small village walkways. Its streats follow a fairly predictable pattern of long roadss which end in intersections that mimic its precursor. Simple enough for even Sariffall - who has seen little mortal towns in the last centuries passed - to make his way through the settlement with relative ease. Each line on either side of him seems to correspond to districts. Apparent through one side of the road being lined with merchant shops yet another ahead separated by intersect holds housing residents and hotel businesses.

    His exploring is guided forward another few city blocks, his head swiveling around the environment as he takes in the scenery. The least said the town was a complete culture shock: carriages strolling up and down the village road carrying goods, many of the local clothing dawning intricate patterns even he would struggle carving in Redwood, even the shape and size of village houses threw his mind into cluttered confusion.

    Though his mind temporarily leaves his body, it is quickly forced back into its physical form as a young girl cries out not far ahead.
As he looks towards the noise's origin, he is met with a young maiden who rams into his chest full force; her violet hair flowing from the wind as he looks down for further inspection. Her gaze locks with his own. And, to even his own surprise, Sariffall's focus is stolen by her eyes, red as polished rubies.