Page 17

"Enough! Where are you taking m-!?" she shouts out but is cut off immediately by Sariffall's hand wrapping around her mouth. Startled, she flails in his grasp as he leaps behind one of the forest Redwoods, carrying her with him. He ducks down, gauntlet still clasped around her mouth as he looks down at her with a finger pressed to his helm where his lips would be.

    He peeks his head from the bark, Rose struggling against his strength to no avail as he surveys the surroundings closely. But alas Rose finally frees her mouth enough to speak, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!?! GET OFF ME!!!" she screams in a panic, though is once again cut off as a cold wind escapes her breath. The temperature drops dramatically, sending her teeth chattering rapidly.

    More her fear rises as a tall, deformed female figure floats in the air just feet away from them. Her skin rots as her torn and ripped wedding gown flows in the wind. Her hair flowing much the same as if she were swimming through the thick fog quickly covering the landscape.

    The creature levitates through the air as it rotates its deformed head around the environment, observing the surroundings as it hunts for them. Its body contorts with every movement, loud snapping and cracking noises emanating from its bones.

    Rose battles with her own vocal cords, resisting the urge to scream in terror. Though, even if she had lost the fight for her void, the wind required for sound is long taken from her by the sight of the decaying hag levitating mere feet from them; its distorted groaning and moaning rips and tears at her ears, forcing its way into her nightmares she will surely have if she makes it out of this alive. But, to Rose's relief, the creature gives up and floats itself away into the dense forest from which it game- the cold air being banished by the warm sunlight at last forcing its way past the tense smog created by the witch.