54.

Amora

I groaned crumbling up the paper, throwing it across the room angrily.

Soon moments later the sound of dads shouting and scolding someone on the phone was heard all the way from downstairs.

How on earth does papa expect me to be able to bring my grades up when he's screaming on the phone while I'm studying. Makes so much sense doesn't it.

I huffed covering my ears to muffle the sound, throwing my head down onto the desk.

I continued to listen to his shouts. Beginning to lightly thump my forehead onto the desk the more it went on.

Suddenly the phone on my desk rang causing me too shoot my eyes open and refrain from completely yanking the cord out of the wall and throwing it out the window.

I groaned, angrily snatching the phone from off the desk. "What!" I shouted sharply into the phone.

"I... are you ok?" Bennys voice questioned, being thrown off by my tone.

I sighed running my hand through my hair as I slightly nodded, though he couldn't see me. "I'm fine" I assured, feeling myself begin too cool down.

"You don't sound fine, what's wrong?" He asked again.

"Nothing. It's just that this stupid studying is completely ripping me to shreds. Dads being way tougher on me now that I've gotten 4 drivers notices. 4! I didn't even know you can get that many!" I frantically rambled, crazily throwing my hand around.

He cracked a small laugh from my outburst.
"You want me to help? I can help you study" he offered.

"No because your 'studying' is either trying too study but then stopping minutes into it and bailing, or sleeping, so don't even try it in the first place!" I shouted, throwing my forehead back down onto the desk.

He stifled a light laugh, making me crack a small smile from the sound.
"Fine. Fair enough" he laughed.

"Yeah well, I better go. Mr. Hall assigned a packet of work that needs to be done by the end of the week! It's just way cruel" I sighed, picking back up my pencil.

"Alright, if you need anything at all call me ok? I love you" he sighed.

"Ok.I will, love you too" I smiled, resting my head into my hand.

I pulled the phone away frowning once I placed it back onto the holder, groaning as I looked back down to the papers in front of me.

——

Soon a few hours went by with me being stuck back and forth between the desk and my bed, too the downstairs living room and kitchen. Still doing the same thing.

"Amora, dear? I think you're pushing yourself too hard you've been working forever now!" Rose exclaimed, walking into my room.

"It's fine besides I have too. I'm still reading this stupid driving manual thing from dads office" I shrugged, flipping through the book.

"I know you want too make your dad proud but, he should already be. You're a really great daughter too him" she smiled, sitting down onto the edge of my bed.

"Yeah sure. Still won't stop him from throwing fits at every c I get and every mistake I do that doesn't apply to his 'high standards' of what a good daughter is" I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.